16 Lessons I Learned From 'Bones'

16 Lessons I Learned From 'Bones'

"The world's a lot better than you think it is."

5381
16 Lessons I Learned From 'Bones'
Fan Pop

"Bones" is one of the most beautifully crafted shows out there. I've been watching it for years, and it has changed the way I've thought about life multiple times. Most people who have never really seen it (many of my friends) assume that it's just another whodunit show with more gruesome victims. While this may be true, what really sets "Bones" apart from other shows today is its magnificent writing. Here are 16 quotes from "Bones" that taught me about life.

1. It's OK to believe in soul mates.

2. Family is more than blood.

3. We think our dreams could never happen to us, when they easily could.

4. We just have to be ready.

5. Failure once doesn't mean you will not get another chance someday.

6. We all do what we have to to get by.

7. Sometimes we have to take risks in order to have a chance at happiness.

8. Open-mindedness is of the greatest value.

9. Experiences, people and time can change our perspectives. Also, love is worth it.

10. Change is all around us.

11. But the reliability of always having more chances is comforting.

12. Sometimes the hardest things to do are the things we should do.

13. It's OK to be alone. It's OK to be with content with ourselves. It's actually important.

14. Innocence is beautiful.

Temperance Brennan: Like all dogs, Ripley, only saw the good in people, dogs are like that, people should take a lesson.

15. That real connection is out there.

Booth: "Here we are. All of us, basically alone, separate creatures just circling each other. All searching for that slightest hint of a real connection. Some look in the wrong places, some, they just give up hope because in their mind they’re thinking, 'Oh, there’s nobody out there for me.' But all of us, we keep trying over and over again. Why? Because every once in a while, every once in a while two people meet and there’s that spark."

16. Putting yourself out there is scary and annoying and sometimes it's unbearable but it's what makes life worthwhile.

Voiceover: "You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering. That's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. You see two people, and you think they belong together, but nothing happens. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight. We feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens that allow us to fly."