16 Childhood Games You Still Play As An Adult

Your favorite board games still give you the nostalgic feels.

140
Bingham Young University

All of these rainy days we've been having recently has made me want to play board games. I still have all of my old board games stacked up in my closet, waiting to be opened again. These games were so good and so addicting. Then, one stormy and chilly day, I opened them up and I was sucked into my childhood once again. The memories were flashing through my mind, and I was caught in nostalgia. I bet you still play the following 17 childhood games when you know damn well you're never too old for them.

1. Monopoly

The classic money game that destroyed families and friendships! You'd never want to get sent to jail by your best friend; that's the worst! It may have took hours to complete this game, but you always had a chance at winning it all.

2. Candy Land

This was the BEST! Candy Land was my favorite board game as a child. The object was to get to King Kandy before anybody else. You pulled color cards from the deck and you would pray you wouldn't get sent back to the beginning with your gingerbread pawn.

3. Chutes and Ladders

This was another favorite where you had to spin the spinner and move up the ladders. If you landed on a chute, you had to slide down the chute and start all over again. It was intriguing to see who would be the first person to reach 100 at the top.

4. Hungry Hungry Hippos

Use your hungry hippo to collect the most food and steal from the other hungry hippos. I would get aggressive with this one, not to mention that I always won.

5. Guess Who?

Describe the person your opponent has chosen on their board, and he'll do the same for the person on your board. Does he have white hair? Is he old? Or is she young? Guess who?

6. Twister

The game that gets you tied up in knots! The objective is to see who can stay up the longest without falling over other people. Right foot green! Left hand blue! Follow the directions correctly to find yourself in a twisted situation.

7. Battleship

I loved Battleship. It was more of a strategic and logical game with lots of hits and misses. You must sink all of your opponents' ships before they do that to you. To me, this was a relaxing game to think and use your mind, and I think that's great. It's what makes it fun.

8. Connect Four

This basic game is absolutely perfect for sluggish days. It's a new and improved checkers board and you have to get 4 of your color in a row or a diagonal in order to win. Not really competitive, but still enjoyable.

9. Operation

Don't hit the buzzer! I love this game, because it's nerve-wracking! It makes me anxious trying to grab the tiny bone in the leg of the patient without touching the metal buzzer. Get all of the broken body parts out of the patient before it's too late!

10. Perfection

The only game that could give you a heart attack. You have to place the yellow pieces in the board in 1 minute, or else the board will jump at you! The pieces will fly everywhere! So much fun for a lazy day.

11. Uno

This is the best card game you'll ever play. It's a very popular one for teens and young adults. You have to place down colored and/or numbered cards to match up with your opponents' card. When you have only one card left, you scream "Uno!" at the top of your lungs. Whoever runs out of cards first is the winner!

12. Sorry!

Another oldie but goodie! The point of this game is to get all of your corresponding colored pawns to your home space at the finish. If you land on someone after taking your turn, you tell them "Sorry!", and they are moved back to their Start space. This game ruined a lot of my relationships with my siblings, so be careful!

13. Trouble

Similar to Sorry!, the object of this game is to get all of your pawns to the finish by moving the right amount of spaces after hitting the die bubble. If you land on the same space as somebody else, they are "in trouble" and they are bumped back to Start.

14. Jenga

Set up the tower and try not to let it fall to the ground! Anyone can play. Just carefully pull the pieces out and place them at the top of the stack. The person who lets the blocks fall is the loser. It's so fun with some concentration and thinking... and a little bit of anxiety.

15. The Game of Life

When you were a kid, have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be an adult and live the life? Going to college or going towards a stable career sounded like fun. Even buying a house and pets sounded amazing. With this board game, you literally go through life. Spin the spinner and travel in your luxurious car to a nice job, a family, and lots of money! Don't land on a space that'll make you lose money, or you won't be enjoying life at all!

16. Clue

Who killed who? Who can solve the mystery? Who is the suspect? Find out who by playing Clue. Collect and find all of the clues for the investigation, and become a detective for a day!

Your favorite board games still give you the nostalgic feels, right? I went on a rampage the other day, bringing out my old games and bringing them back to life again. Who cares if you're older now? Relive your childhood on a rainy day, and have lots of fun!