15 YouTube Subscriptions To Inspire You

15 YouTube Subscriptions To Inspire You

YouTube gives us the opportunity to learn from others. All we have to do is subscribe.

32
15 YouTube Subscriptions To Inspire You
Ingvar Bjork/123rf.com Stock Photo

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” -Jim Rohn

If this quote holds any truth, then it seems the time we spend with the mass amount of people we follow on social media, should be accounted for. The people we subscribe to, deserve some credited for helping to shape our thoughts, interests, and character--for better or for worse (though hopefully for the better).

One social media platform, in case you haven’t heard, is the ever famous YouTube. It took me a while to understand that this site (now app) could be used as a tool rather than just a magical place where I randomly stumble upon pointless, yet hilarious, cat videos. What started my journey through YouTube was the fact that both of my brothers’ would spend hour after hour constantly playing, pausing, rewinding, and replaying videos of tutorials and walkthroughs which lead them action by action through their favorite Xbox games (a strategy they claim as resourceful and I claim as cheating, yet I’ll admit, that’s how I beat many Islands on Poptropica...).

After some time of my brothers’ constant following of their favorite gamer’s YouTube channels, it finally clicked that there was a great possibility there would be a YouTuber who was sharing information that I would be interested in. My love for YouTube only grew once this realization struck me.

See, one of my greatest passions in life is to learn; to find truth, knowledge, and wisdom. I love asking questions and trying to understand how other people view the world; how their thoughts and stories shape their perspective. Each YouTuber has a chance to share what they know with each video they uniquely create. What’s better is that we have a chance to learn from them.

Since I’ve started subscribing, I’ve been opened to new ideas, pointed to new foods to try, implored to see new sights and encouraged to go on new adventures, all while building certain skill sets (such as cooking, writing, and being an actual adult).

All that being said, here are 15 of my favorite YouTube channels along with a glimpse into their world. I hope you find inspiration as I have from these amazing people!

1. TED (As in TED Talks)

I love this channel and those related to it because it give me the opportunity to watch a presentation. I understand not everyone has the attention span or even desire to sit around watching Ted talks all day. But one every now and then is great because it give you a snippet of an idea that you can run with such as with this video on procrastination. It's funny, well presented, and ends with a deep thought and call to action.

2. Crash Course

Again this is another channel I absolutely love as someone who has a passion for knowledge. This channel covers 19 different topics such as philosophy, world history, physics, economics, literature, and astronomy! It's nice because they break down hard concepts into a short, easy to understand video with awesome graphics.

3. Refinery29

Specifically the "Try Living with Lucie" series

While I do follow this channel, I wanted to focus on their "Try Living With Lucie" series. While it may take 21 days to form a habit, it may only take five days to figure out if it's worth implementing into your life. Lucie Fink does this in various lifestyle changes such as taking out coffee, going with out her phone, and trying minimalistic habits all for five days so she can show is her results and thoughts.

4. Bethel Music

<span class="redactor-selection-marker" id="selection-marker-1" data-verified="redactor"></span>

This is probably the most personal channel I subscribe to. I'm a Christian and this band has created and performed some of my favorite worship songs. I'm not just impressed by their talent, I'm moved by their worship. While I understand maybe not following this specific channel, I encourage you to follow either a band or musician who inspires you through their music.

5. Carly Cristman

I havn't really figured out what my exact style is but whenever I want to look or decorate with a modern feel, I take advice from this girl. She's always so pretty, sweet, and organized.

6. Tom Fletcher

Now this channel I'm a little biased to because Tom Fletcher is my celebrity crush. It's more than just his face and accent; it's the way he carries himself, engages in his passion for creating music and books, and how he loves his wife and two sons. Seriously that family is #goals.

7. Superwoman

Little Lilly Singh makes some of the most hilarious videos that are so true and relatable. It's hard to describe her style of humor but I think some of her best videos are the ones with her parents.

8. Lauren Toyota

I've seen lots of food related videos but this girl puts up videos that are so real. Its just her in her kitchen recording what she makes as she decides to make it. Sometimes there are tips on how to cook something, often there is going to be a story, and always the food will look very, very yummy. Lauren also has another channel "Hot For Food" that she runs with her husband and there she produces tutorials on making easy and delicious vegan recipes. (I tried the cauliflower buffalo wings the other night...they were the bomb)

9. Jeanne Robertson

I know for a fact that not everyone will click with this channel but my point in posting Jeanne's channel is that you should subscribe to someone who you think is funny. For me, if I ever need a good laugh, I go to Jeanne because I love the way she tells stories. She is a comedian but her sweet southern accent could tell me funny story after funny story all day long.

10. Aspyn + Parker

How cute is this couple?? These two are so wholesome and hardworking and it really shows in their videos how much they love each other. I would have just put up Aspyn's channel because I tend to try things she introduces to me (be it trend, style, or DIY) but I chose their vlog channel due to its cuteness level being off the charts.

11. Nikki Phillippi

Nikki Phillippi is just as awesome as Aspyn Ovard! She loves making inspirational videos that encourage you to love yourself and enjoy life. I love the way she talk to her followers and how she includes so much of herself to make her videos real and personal.

12. Ann Le

I'm pretty new to Ann Le's channel so I don't know as much of her personality as I do some of the other YouTubers' but in the few videos I've seen, she's pretty great at DIY projects. Whether you're in a dorm, in your own apartment or you have your own home, she has ways you can either make it over or just spice up an area.

13. Kalyn Nicholson

Yet another amazing woman who is so loving and uploads videos to help show others how they can better themselves through everyday activities. Her view of the world is interesting and filled with light. I tend to like her routine videos the best but all of them are pretty inspiring.

14. Amber Fillerup

The pictures in this thumbnail show up in my Pinterest feed all the time. Amber really knows how to do her hair and even better for us, she knows how to show and explain to others how to do their own hair. I didn't start trying to braid my hair until I started watching her videos and although I'm still not as good as I'd like, Amber is helping me work on this ability.

15. Blogilates

Last but not least is the already famous Blogilates channel. If you havn't heard of this channel, Cassey Ho is one of the most energetic people I follow who makes videos for you to workout along with. They can be easy or challenging depending on what you and your body needs at the moment but she always pushes you to do your best. She also makes some videos concerning diet and how to make the most of what you put into your body while still making it yummy and fun. If you ever need a workout buddy, Cassey is your girl!