15 Ways To Bond With Your Roommates

15 Ways To Bond With Your Roommates

When in doubt... drink some wine.

4258
15 Ways To Bond With Your Roommates
Jenna Virnelli

Living situations can be quite stressful in college, especially if you are living with people you don't know very well or even at all. In order to get past that awkward stage, you have to get to know your roommates and bond with them. Here are 15 ways to bond with your roommates.

1. Write an article about ways to bond with them. Seriously, as I'm writing this article, I'm talking about it with my roommates and it's sparked some interesting stories and other ideas... such as '15 ways to lose a roommate' or '15 ways to convince them you're crazy.' Definitely learned some new things about them and got a pretty good ab workout in while laughing with them.

2. Workout together.. in the room. Last weekend one of my roommates and I decided to go on Pinterest and try out a bunch of different exercise routines. We ended up working out for a an hour and a half and laughing the other half hour because things got pretty goofy.

4. Craft night. Find something (I recommend looking on Pinterest) that is fairly easy and not too expensive to create and make a night out of it. I know my roommates and I plan on having a night where we decorate wine glasses together, but there are so many options!

6. Do your homework together. Now this may not sound too fun, but you don't necessarily have to be talking constantly to bond. Just being together in the same room doing similar things can be enough to help you grow a little closer to each other.

9. Go out together on a weekend night. Not much can beat a girls night out, because the memories that you'll make together will be priceless. Everyone loves a good "remember that time.." that they can reminisce on together.

14. Seasonal activities, such as carving pumpkins in the fall, ice skating in the winter, swimming in the summer, or go frolic in some meadows in the spring.

15. Just be open and honest with each other. You might as well get to know each other on a deeper level because you're going to be living with these people for a year.