15 Types Of Friends In Everyone's Group Text

Everyone's a part of at least one group text...what type of group texter are you?

352

Friendship in 2015 looks a lot different from the past. Often, friends rely on group texts as their number 1 form of communication. Whether it be your high school friends, sorority pledge class, or family, there's always those certain types of friends/family members/group members that take on personalities within each group text. Inspired by all of them, I've narrowed down the certain types of friends/family members/group members that take on certain personalities within each group text. Here are some that are seen in just about every one of them nowadays:

The Planner - This friend knows what’s up, what’s going on on the weekends and rallies the troops to get people to go out. This guy knows when parties are starting, etc., or they know when the group needs a night in. This friend is always down for a good time, has a lot of love for the group, and has everyone’s backs for sure. He or she will also take the blame if a party or a night out takes an unexpected turn, because for the most part, they do a pretty good job.

The Historian - Someone who will take funny or embarrassing pictures of friends during a night out, then sends them the next morning. Because no matter what you guys did - whether it was a night out or in - you had a good time. Gotta celebrate it.

The Butt of the Joke - This is the friend that is in every one of those pics that start spreading around. They laugh it off and claim it was their “life’s shining moment” because they’re basically the clown of the group, yet knows how to take all those pics like a champ.

The Media Guru - The one who’s up to date on the funniest vines and photos and makes sure everyone knows about them. They make everyone’s day just that much better, no matter if it’s some Taylor Swift parody, or like this Vine of a cat in a box.

The Ghost - That one person who’s getting all the texts yet doesn’t reply to anything (no matter how incredibly cute that cat was). This person’s really great though, because when they do text back, everyone in the group thinks they’ve seen a dead person come to life: “WHAT?? YOU’RE ALIVE?!?”

The Rock - This friend keeps it real, keeps it straight. He/she keeps a cool head about them and knows everyone in the group best, so they only reply with maybe 1 or 2 words every time. Or, it’s just random monkey emojis, letting everyone know they’re alive or that they agree with something.

The Jibber Jabber-er - This friend is sending typos all the time and no one ever understands what they're saying. For some types of jibber jabber-ers, it's to a point where their AutoCorrect has created an entire language around those words that keep getting misspelled, and everyone in the group has just accepted those new words as their language for the sake of the group's sanity.

The One That Loses Their Contacts All The time - This person lost their contacts...again. They’re always asking their group texts to send their names out so they can save them in their phone. Of course everyone sends them the wrong names, made up ones, or names of celebrities. Like, “I’m Beyonce, hey guys!!!! Glad to be part of the group!!!”

The Wildcard - Never know what this friend is gonna say next. He/she sends old, weird forwards from the middle school era, may send random pics or videos, and you never know what’ll come up when you look at your phone. One day, they may be a planner, other days they’re the ghost, and other days they’ll just send everyone a random pic with no caption or context. They’re great and keep everyone on their toes, basically the best type of friend.

The Borrower - Always asking to borrow stuff. Just about anything. This friend always returns it or pays you back in some way, because you wouldn't still be calling them your friend if they didn't, right?

The Softie - sends everyone inspirational quotes/ tells everyone they miss or love them. They get everyone really sad if they may not see each other for a long time. The heart section of emojis is their go-to. They may just say something normal, but always ends it with “Love you guys!!! xoxo lylas bffs 5evr.” (If you have a family group text, this one’s probably the mom, who always ends their texts with "Love, Mom.")

The Confidante - This person is always asking the group for advice - on everything. Most likely a girl friend, asking which dress to wear to a formal, what to order at Starbs, or what color she should get of something. Word to this friend: You know what you want. Follow your heart.

The Hostage - This poor friend of yours somehow winded up in the group text and can't get out. He or she is constantly asking people to stop using that group text because they don't want to get messages from any of those people. Kind of like the ghost, but with a little more angst. They're always like "You're ruining my life stop texting me!!!" But hey, hostage guy, don't you like getting 4,000 messages? And if you don't want to read them, you don't have to.

The Bouncy Ball - Up for anything type of friend. They’re down to do whatever, no matter if it’s a night in. They’re there for everyone, no matter how much it inconveniences them. Need a ride? This guy’s there. Can’t find anyone to go out with? They’re there for you.

The Busy Bee - This friend never can do anything but when they do, it’s so great and everyone makes it a point to hang out. They’re basically the coolest friend, probably about to cure cancer or solve world hunger. They’re so busy with doing actual cool things they can NEVER hang out with the group. They're the Leslie Knope of the group, maybe a little less obsessed with waffles.

So there you are, friends. A whole list of people you've probably known in one or more of your group texts. Now, be honest, which one are you?