15 Times Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Slayed The Fashion Scene

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was most notably the First Lady of the United States from 1960 to 1963. She was also a mother, photographer, a publisher, and a renowned fashion icon until her death in 1994. The legacy she leaves behind is one of history, writing, poetry, photography, and fashion which is fitting considering her love for the arts. Her grace, elegance and poise lives on through fashion and is still recognized today.

1. When she looked flawless with her signature sunglasses and her Yves Saint Laurent coat,

Fun Fact: she is responsible for the big sunglasses trend that goes in and out of style every ten years or so.

2. When she was pretty in pastels

The perfect dress for Spring or Easter Sunday. Plus, a shift dress is always appropriate.

3. When she took the perfect selfie with her husband and sister-in-law,

You wish you dressed that stylishly in the summer. Nope, instead it's just norts and a frat tank. (Don't worry I'm guilty of that too)

4. When she wore Lilly Pulitzer and Jack Rogers,

2 Fun Facts: 1) Jackie went to school with Lilly Pulitzer so that's the prime example of why you should be nice to everyone even when you're a grumpy teen filled with angst and 2) she popularized both brands so sorority girls everywhere need to thank her.

5. When she looked perfect sailing the ocean blue in navy

Navy never looked so good.

6. When she donned her one of her famous most famous dresses, the Oleg Cassini peach dress

If anyone else wore that color, it would completely wash them out.

7. When she proved that pearls never go out of style

"Pearls are always appropriate" = literal quote from Jackie herself. And she isn't wrong.

8. When she proved that this color always looks good

This lilac/lavender color needs to make a comeback as soon as possible.

9. When she looked a straight-up goddess on her wedding day in 1953

Her off-the-shoulder dress was designed by Ann Lowe.

10. When she proved (time and time again) that she's more than just a pretty face

In the late 1970s, she worked at a publishing company and was probably the best-dressed in that office.

11. When she avoided the horrible bell-bottoms of the 70s and opted for this adorable outfit instead,

Dress like Jackie Kennedy at your next theme party – not Jackie Burkhart from That 70's Show

12. When she was the most stylish tourist to ever visit the Taj Mahal

Much better than every outfit that I wore when I was abroad.

13. When she was the only person to ever look good in a pill box hat

That hat style just worked for her, and she knew that.

14. When she wore normal clothes just like all of us would wore and she still killed it

Tell me that you don't own a shirt (or several) like this.

15. And finally, when she flawlessly and amazingly successfully sat on a camel in a gorgeous pink frock

Like, honestly, how does one do this while still looking ladylike?

Though she is remembered for a lot more than her impeccable style, her fashion trends will never go out of style and will always be relevant.