15 Times Dave Matthews Sang Your Emotions So You Didn’t Have To

He knows just how to capture all the feels

34
TheConcertMan

For all of you who are unfamiliar, Dave Matthews is a lyrical genius. He sings powerfully and passionately about the good times and the bad, about love and about life -- and for that he is truly a legend. His lyrics are metaphorical, painfully truthful and unequivocally emotional.

As a person who loves to connect with the music I listen to on a deeper level, Dave Matthews Band, as well as Dave as a solo artist, allows me to do so. Whenever I'm having a rough day -- and not the kind of rough days when you listen to upbeat '90s pop to make yourself feel better, but the kind of day when all you want is to curl up in your bed and cry a little -- Dave Matthews gets me, and I know he probably gets you too. If you're unsure, take a look for yourself.

1. The first time I saw you was like a punch right through my chest and I will forever, ‘cause you’ll forever be my one true broken heart, pieces inside of me and you’ll forever, my baby be. "Baby Blue"

2. Stay or leave I want you not to go but you did. "Stay or Leave"

3. It’s no big surprise that I will wait for you. I will wait for no one but you. "Lover Lay Down"

4. It’s 2 a.m. -- I’m drunk again it’s heavy on my mind. I could never love again so much as I love you… one drink to remember then another to forget. How could I ever dream to find sweet love like you again. "Grace Is Gone"

5. You quench my heart, and love, you quench my mind. "Two Step"

6. Caught by a wave, my back to the ocean, it knocks me off my feet and just as I find my footing, here you come again. "Dreamgirl"

7. I remember thinking I’ll go on forever only knowing I’ll see you again, but I know the touch of you is so hard to remember, but like that touch I know no other. "I’ll Back You Up"

8. Confess I’m not quite ready to be left. Still, I know I gave my level best. "Baby Blue"

9. Twenty three and so tired of life, such a shame to throw it all away. "Dancing Nancies"

10. Rip away the tears and drink a hope to happy years. You may find a lifetime’s passed you by. "What Would You Say"

11. She prays to God most every night, and though she swears it doesn’t listen, there’s still a hope in her He might. "Grey Street"

12. You used to laugh under the covers, maybe not so often now. But the way I used to laugh with you was loud and hard. "Stay or Leave"

13. I have no lid upon my head, but if I did, you could look inside and see what’s on my mind. Oh, it’s you. "Let You Down"

14. But will I hold you again? ...Waste the hours with talking, talking, these twisted games we’re playing. "The Space Between"

15. Remember we used to dance. And everyone wanted to be you and me, I want to be too. "Stay or Leave"