15 Things to do Alone in your 20s in 2017

552
The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. ~ Melody Beattie.

So this is how is gonna roll at the beginning of the new year;

Happppy New Yeaaaaarrrrrrr!!!!!

2016 has finally gone and 2017 has started already, it wouldn’t be so lovely to spend 2017 the same way 2016 was spent. As a young man/woman in his/her twenties, are there things you probably left unchecked and undone in the old year with little or no intention(s) to do them? If yes, it’s not too late to do them. Or you probably do not have an idea of things to do before you leave 20s, well, this is what this post is all about.
When they say life is a very sweet kind of adventure, it means life is adventurous and the only way you can know is to make it adventurous. Life will be so boring if we have nothing new to do every new day but do the same thing over and over again.

Below are the lists of 15 things you need to do alone at least once in your 20s in the new year.

1. Live without roommates – Yes, you’ve got to learn to live alone without the company ‘cos it has a way of helping one to love his/her own company, have your space, and make more room for personal development in all areas, especially to be more responsible to self, career and more.

2. Discover and be definite with your passion – This is the best stage to know what you want to do, what you are passionate about because knowing that helps to channel the right energy.

3. Take yourself out on a date – It doesn’t hurt no one. Take yourself out on a date. Do something nice for you, spoil yourself, just you and you and no one else.

4. Get out of your comfort zone. Do that thing you’re most scared of – Try that thing good thing you’ve stayed scared of all your life for no reason. Do you fear climbing a particular mountain because you feel your legs can’t take you through it for long? You should try it! Do you love to knit, sew, bake, talk etc and you’re so scared you can’t because of one thing or the other, try it! A trial sometimes maybe all that you need.

5. Try new recipes/food – Yes, feed your taste bud, give it a free range sometimes, let it come alive. Try new recipes and eat foods from different tribes, ethnic, regions. . . just because it looks gross doesn’t mean it tastes gross! Just because you think you just can’t doesn’t mean you cannot! Don’t limit yourself to food from your tribe/country alone. Mike Zuckerberg ate Jollof Rice when he was in Nigeria, you could try something too! I’m trying Pretzels very soon, you should try something too.

6. Learn a new language – Yes! Learn a new language! You don’t have to be a hundred percent fluent in it, but a little goes a long way. Having an idea is enough at times.

7. Self vacation – Vacation is good! It’s okay to save for it. Give yourself a treat off the shores of your environment, tourism is good for the soul.

8. Try a different hairstyle/cut – Get that crazy haircut or make that mindblowing/crazy hairstyle. Give your face a little change. Change is always pleasurable at the end, maybe not at the beginning but you won’t enjoy the pleasure unless you do it afraid.

9. Keep a journal – Keeping a journal is awesome! It could be any type of journal, growth, daily, weekly etc. It helps you to show how far you’ve come. It’s great.

10. Take a break from social media – It feels so good. Shut your laptop, off your phones; be away from the internet for a week. If you can go more than a week, it’s fine! Just be away from it. . . you’ll love it.

11. Do personal retreat – Yea, it could be a spiritual retreat; just you, checking and balancing the areas of your life or some areas of your life. It’s not the same thing as vacation. Retreat is more result inclined while vacation is all about pleasure; taking a break from it all and just have fun.

12. Go on a road trip – Road trips are cool. You take pictures of interesting sites while you enjoy the seemingly sweetness of the road.

13. Love a Sport – Love a sport! At least one! Is it badminton, football, golf, gymnastics, cricket, basketball etc. You don’t have to play it, just find one that interests you, that’s all.

14. Create time for friends and family – Yeah! This is very important. You are never too busy for friends and family.

15. Be financially whole – It means being financially healthy. You don’t have to be a millionaire to be financially whole. Get rid of debts, be comfortable in your now while you crave and work for more.