15 Things That Are More Important Than "Likes"

Instagram doesn't define you.

41
Getorchard.com

Our generation is fully consumed by the addiction that is social media. I'm sure all of you have encountered the world of Instagram to some extent, and have seen for yourself how much the power of likes and followers mean to the majority of the users. Although Instagram is fun, you get to see what your friends and favorite celebrities are up to, and you can share tidbits of your life whenever you please. However, the world doesn't revolve around Instagram, so here are 15 things that are more important than how many likes you just got on your most recent post:

1. The people who you are currently with in that moment.

Believe it or not, the people who you are physically with are actually a whole lot more meaningful than the hundreds of followers you have.

2. What you’re having for dinner, or lunch, or breakfast. Just food in general.

Why worry about likes when you can worry about food?

3. You’re latest Netflix binge.

Because what's more important than relaxing with your new favorite show?

4. Working out.

Instead of wishing that you were those Instagram models, go out and be one.

5. Having faith that your friends love you with or without them throwing down a like on your latest picture.

Sometimes people actually are busy and don't scroll through their feeds 1,000 times a day.

6. What you forgot to do throughout the day while you were busy checking your notifications.

Turns out, you really miss a lot of staring at your phone.

7. Making sure your phone is charged so that you can call your mom instead of check Instagram.

Why waste the battery you have on likes, when you can call your mom?

8. Dogs.

Go pet a dog. Hug a dog. Act like a dog. Just enjoy dogs more than Instagram.

9. Treating people the best you can possibly treat them.

How you treat others is a better representation of yourself than your Instagram will ever be.

10. The conversation you’re missing because you’re too busy paying attention to your phone.

Like I said, you miss a lot when you're always staring down at your phone.

11. Your family.

Family always comes first.

12. The beautiful scenery that you’re looking at that shouldn’t only be seen through the screen of your iPhone.

It's so much prettier with it out of the way.

13. Standing up for what you believe in.

Because no one else will do it for you.

14. Making sure you’re registered to vote.

Please, don't let Donald Trump win because you needed to post that picture.

15. You.

At the end of the day, your happiness and well-being is more important than anything in this entire world.