15 Things I Learned This Semester

15 Things I Learned This Semester

It's been a wild semester.

24
15 Things I Learned This Semester
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/06/6364813466732094791635986118_library-2414380_1920.jpg

This semester has been one of the longest and most stressful semesters I've ever experienced. I have grown and learned more this semester than I ever could have imagined. Things have changed and I've had some really amazing and also awful memories. Here are some things I've learned this semester:

1. Hard work will get you far.

Studying hard and actually working hard on your grades, really will go a long way and help you succeed.

2. You will learn who your real friends, real fast.

Don't put all your faith and trust into fake friends. You will learn who your real friends are and who will always be there for me.

3. Take time for yourself and make yourself a priority.

Obviously worry about your friends, but make yourself a priority. Take time to do things alone and do things you want. Go on a walk. Listen to your favorite music. Go to the library and just be alone. You will feel so good taking some time for yourself.

4. Never let a boy make you cry.

Never let anyone make you cry or feel worthless. You are amazing and do not need a man.

5. It's okay to let toxic friends go.

Even if you really love them and miss them, it is okay to let go of toxic people who aren't good for you.

6. Drink plenty of water.

Drink some water and calm down.

7. Go to class.

Seriously, go to class. You don't need to skip and you will be so much happier going to all your classes.

8. Start going to the library in the beginning of the semester.

Don't wait until the last week like most students. Go to the library right in the beginning and find your spot early.

9. Get involved in class and with your classmates.

I'm really quiet, so I've always struggled to get involved with my classmates and talk to them. But this semester I learned it is so beneficial to talk to and work together with those in your classes.

10. Take breaks.

It's okay to take breaks. Go do something fun or go home for a weekend.

11. Talk to and connect with your professors.

Don't be afraid to talk to them and ask for help. They are there to help you and must of them are eager to help too.

12. Save your money.

Don't spend all your money the first month of the semester. Plan your money out and save wisely, you will thank yourself the last week of class.

13. Don't be afraid to try new things and meet new people.

You're only going to grow by pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. So go out and try new things and meet new people. You can do it.

14. Challenge yourself.

Do things that challenge yourself and push your limits. It will help you learn and grow more than you can imagine.

15. Be kind.

Spread kindness to everyone. You have no idea the impact it might make.