15 Things Every Freshman Needs To Realize

Here's to the best year of your life.

9
Chelsey Withers

College can be tough, but there are so many things you don't want to do as freshman and I am here to help you.

1. Do not wear lanyards.

I repeat do not do this. We already know your a freshman, so no need to scream it by wearing a lanyard around with your school id attached.

2. The freshman 15 is not a myth.

This isn't a joke. I understand ramon noodles and mac and cheese sound fantastic, but your body is not the same as it was in high school. The gym is your friends.

3. Respect upperclassman.

This really needs to e taken seriously. Just because you meant something in high school, it is irrelevant once you step on campus. So if you walk into someone you don't knows house be respectful introduce yourself.

4. Don't buy your books in the bookstore.

Unless you have to because for some reason they don't exist on any website, just don't do it.

5. You will miss your family.

It is not weird to miss your family. You will realize even more after being away from them how much they all mean to you.

6. Do not go home all of the time.

If you are living on campus, do not go home every weekend. College is all about getting a new experience. Going home every once in a while is fine, but enjoy school while you can.

7. Do not stick in a major you dislike.

If you do you will be miserable for the rest of your life and your friends will get tired of hearing you complain.

8. Transferring schools will come to mind.

Every decision in life can create some form of doubt and the college you chose can most certainly be one. If you are at the right college for you, you may think would if I transferred, however any school you choose can cause the doubt. If you do transfer it is okay.

9. Do not be that freshman.

I don't think this needs to many more details, just take care of yourself so people still aren't talking about how you were by the time you are a senior.

10. Take school seriously.

Get it in your mind now school is what you are paying for, you aren't paying all of that money to skip class and go out. I get it going out is fun, but find your time for that separately and put school first.

11. Be yourself.

This is the time to embrace yourself and who figure out who you are. It is exciting and fun so don't shy away from it.

12. Leave high school drama out when you move in.

Nobody cares that your friend from high school are mad at you because of a Snap Chat you posted with your new college friends and they're jealous, so move on.

13. Respect your roommate.

Like it or not, know them or not you're living with them. Drop your attitude get rid of any impressions you had when you creeped on them. This person has to deal with you too so respect each other and it can turn into the most incredible friendship.

14. Take care of your friends.

You will need it too. So when your friend needs a shoulder to cry on, someone to yell at or someone to just be there do it. Have fun because you will need it too.

15. Every upperclassman is jealous of you and wishes the were you so ENJOY AND EMBRACE EVERY SECOND OF FRESHMAN YEAR.

You have this whole new exciting chapter and everything is so fun and exciting, so embrace that. Realize if an upperclassman is making fun of you for something you think is just insane, just know its just because they wish they could be a freshman again.