15 Things That Only A College Student Will Understand

All the basic struggles of being a college student.

120
Hamilton Wenham Regional School District

Throughout our high school life, we all work hard to get into the college that we want. Seeing our older siblings, we think that getting our degree is a piece of cake. It isn't until we get into college that we realize that the reality of college life was far off from our expectations.

1. Joining multiple clubs

You join all the clubs you can join. But have you ever gone to at least one meeting for any of the clubs? Most likely either no or maybe to one of the clubs. The majority of the time it's only if they offer free food.

2. Trying to stay awake in lectures

Whether they be at 8 a.m. in the morning or at 3 p.m. in the afternoon, you're still trying to stay awake while that teacher drones on and on about who knows what.

3. Returning your books at the end of the semester

You brought five books, each worth about $200. How much do you get back when you're returning? If you get even any money back, consider yourself lucky even if it's a few dollars.

4. Walking into the wrong class

You checked, double-checked, even triple-checked your schedule. Yet here you are sitting in an organic chemistry lecture. You're a business student. You should be in your marketing class right now. Hurry and get out before anyone remembers your face forever!

5. Microwaveable food. Ramen. Pizza.

Who has time to make themselves a nice meal? Either go to that microwave and heat something up or order that box of pizza. Choices are limited but you'll make sure not to sleep on an empty stomach.

6. Sweatpants!

You wake up and brush your teeth. Then what? You go to class silly! Who cares what you look like and what you're wearing. You want to be comfy if you're going to sit in one class for more than an hour.

7. Seating arrangements in class

The seat you decide on the first day of class is your seat for the rest of that semester. God forbid you walk in the next day to find an unlucky classmate sitting in your seat.

8. Class is canceled

Of course, you only find out after you have already gotten to school to see the note stuck at the front door of your classroom: "Class is canceled today. Have a great day." Looks like it's too late to sleep in now.

9. Becoming the best of the best at PROcrastinating

You put it off and put it off. You have more important things to do. Such as, make money to pay for the class your procrastinating. Or, maybe sleeping in? An extra nap never hurt anybody right?

10. You can't afford anything

You think twice before you spend your quarter in the vending machine. Should you buy the half empty bag of chips or not? Would it be better to save that money for the laundromat? You quietly walk away because you later realize you don't have enough money to even buy the bag of chips.

11. Attendance? You mean ditch!

Most of the classes we have do not have attendance points. You barely listen to the teacher when you do go to class anyways. What's the point of going then? Might as well stay in bed instead.

12. Parking tickets

You wake up late and realize you're going to be late to class. You speed through changing clothes and while driving on the road. You get to the campus and realize you cannot find any parking spots. At this point, you don't care because you have a test to take. You didn't get a ticket while on the road, but when you come back from the test, you see a small paper stuck under you windshield wipers. It's for violating the parking rules. Of course as a college student, you don't even have enough money to pay the ticket.

13. Friendship

All the movies show that everyone has a lot of friends when at college. Let's be honest, you only have two or three close friends. The rest of them are just your colleagues.

14. Loans! Loans! Loans!

Each year, you can't help but take the loan. It's the only way you can get through college. You don't have enough money to pay for the tuition. The only problem is, these loans will follow you even after college.

15. Coffee

You have a test tomorrow morning and you need to study as much as possible. You need to pull an all-nighter. So in order to stay awake, you have coffee. Suddenly, coffee is the only way you can function every day.