15 Songs To Get You Through A Break-up

15 Songs To Get You Through A Break-up

Dance your sorrow away with these tracks.

530
15 Songs To Get You Through A Break-up
Google Images

Break-ups have not been deemed as the easiest task, but the best way to get over a relationship is shifting one's mindset into a more positive direction, and meaningful songs are just the trick to do that! Turn on your stereo as loud as you can, belt out and truly believe every lyric, and let the music motivate and encourage you to move on with your life and strive for better. After all, it's what you deserve.

1. "Too Little Too Late" - Jojo

This song is so powerful (and its not just because of Jojo's power house vocals). Moral of the Song: Accepting that you deserve better and its just a little too late for your partner to fix things.

"Go find someone else. I'm letting you go, I'm loving myself. You got a problem but don't come asking me for help. 'Cause you know,It's just too little too late a little too wrong"

2. "Potential Break-up Song" - Aly & AJ

Disney Channel definitely made every 9 year-old feel like they had experienced the most devastating break-up with this song. This song is helping one's partner understand that they're going to be worse off without you and doesn't realize what they've got until you're gone.

"The type of guy who doesn’t see
What he has until she leaves
Don’t let me go
Cause without me, you know you’re lost
Wise up now or pay the cost
Soon you will know"

3. "Un-Break My Heart "- Toni Braxton

The first stage of getting over someone is closure of the situation. Toni's soulful voice acknowledges the pain of the situation which is essential for moving on.

"Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life"

4. "Foolish" - Ashanti

"Foolish" focuses on how foolish one can be and how difficult it is to move on from the situation. Her "Unfoolish" remix is also amazing!

"So I stop and think that maybe
You can learn to appreciate me
Then it all remains the same that
You ain't never gonna change"

5. "Irreplaceable" - Beyonce

Beyonce's confident take on the end of a relationship is quite inspirational to be content with the fact that you're worth more than what you're being given and letting them know that they can easily be replaced with far better.

"I could have another you in a minute
Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, baby
You must not know about me, you must not know about me
I can have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinking
You're irreplaceable"

6. "Ex-factor" - Lauryn Hill

Lauryn Hill needs no caption...

"It 'aint working"

7. "Burn" - Usher

Usher is reminding everyone that it is perfectly okay to let some relationships "Burn" and to move forward from it.

"Think it's best we go our separate ways
Tell me why I should stay in this relationship
When I'm hurting baby, I ain't happy baby
Plus theres so many other things I gotta deal with
I think that you should let it burn"

8. "Take a Bow" - Rihanna

Rihanna is truly fed up in this song and refusing to the entertain the relationship anymore.

"Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow"

9. "Free yourself" - Fantasia

In simpler words, Fantasia is expressing how valuable time is and how others shouldn't waste it.

"If you don't want me then don't talk to me
Go ahead and free yourself"

10. "Leave (Get Out)" - Jojo

Another classic (and I'm not just saying this because I'm the biggest Jojo fan), 13 year-old Jojo blatantly tells her partner to get out and leave her alone.

"But I refuse to cry
No tears will fall from these
Eyeee-eeee-eeees "

11. "So Yesterday" - Hilary Duff

Let's be honest: We all love us some throwback Hilary Duff and this song is a sassy way of reminding yourself that you're bomb and life is going to be perfectly fine after a break-up.

"If it's over, let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday"

12. "We Can't Be Friends" - Deborah Cox

I guess this a twist on a break-up when two people believe that they can't be "just friends" after the relationship and the solution is to either get back together or move on, instead of holding one another back.

"We can't be friends
'Cause I'm still in love with you"

13. Almost Doesn't Count - Brandy

Another motivational tune to know that you deserve better than "almost".

"I can't keep on lovin' you
One foot outside the door"

14. No More - 3LW

Okay, I still jam out to this in my dorm room on the daily, but another reminder of knowing that you're not the one to be treated less than what you deserve.

"Be a man
No more baby I'm do right."

15. "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson

"But Since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on"