15 Signs You're A Full-Time Working Girl, 40 Hours A Week Or More

Forty hours a week really changes you.
87792

Forty hour work weeks, 5 days, 8 hours per day. Full-time jobs require a lot of dedication and consume the majority of your time. I love my full-time internship, honestly. It's a lot of fun and I get to experience what it will be like when I grow up and work at a company. Here are some signs that you work full time.

1. You're always tired

Waking up at 6, being at work by 8 and not leaving until 5 can really make you exhausted. Waking up early kicks off your exhaustion while everything in between 8-5 can make you tired as well so by the end of the workday, you're ready for a nap. Except if you nap, then you won't sleep later and be even more tired the next day. Thank God for coffee.

2. Your body adjusts to waking up early

I don't seem to really sleep in anymore on the weekends. My body thinks I should be up early so I'm now waking up at 7 or 8. But hey I get to lay in bed until whenever I want so I don't mind too much.

3. Weekends become your summer

You try to squeeze your normal summer days into two days. Because they are the only days you have off, so you try to make the best of them.

4. Plan out your outfits

You tend to plan out your outfits every night because if you don't, you will be late to work. You can't just throw on any old shirt and shorts. You got to look good and professional.

5. Don't do anything during the week

You're dead after a day of work, so you dedicate your off time to resting and relaxation. You probably won't make major plans during the week.

6. "Sorry, I have to work."

This phrase is used a lot. If someone tries to plan something during the week: "Sorry, I have to work." Or if there's a late night party: "Sorry, I have to work [the next day]."

7. Love three day weekends

Three day weekends are a blessing from God. But the Friday before is an absolute killer and all you want to do is leave. Or the Monday after is even more worse than a normal Monday.

8. TGIF

Fridays have a whole new meaning when you work full-time. You can have a successful day at work and then you're able to party hard because you don't have to work in the morning. They also are the day that people can easily leave early on because hey, it's Friday.

9. Friends on the weekend

You won't see your friends until the weekend most likely. And sometimes you want to see them all at once but it's tough when you have only two free days. So hopefully all your friends are able to hang out together so you can see them all.

10. Have more laundry

I basically wear two outfits a day. My work outfit and my after work outfit. And they both are washed differently so I have to do separate loads. It actually sucks.

11. Super good at keeping track of time

You're always looking at the clock and become very aware of what time it is. It's weird but sometimes helps you get through the day.

12. You're always hungry

I've noticed that I am absolutely starving by the time 11 am rolls around. Then, when I get home, I am starving for dinner. Not sure why or how because I sit at a desk all day and don't have any physical activity but I eat a lot.

13. You're going to be pale

If your full-time job is in the summer, there's no way you'll get your usual tan if you work inside. Tanning is only for the weekends now so soak up the sun.

14. You may spend a little bit more

You're making good money at this job, so why not spend a little extra on some things? But everyone is different, so others may not even change how they spend their money.

15. Hump day has a whole new meaning

Took me from the time I first saw that commerical to when I started my full-time job to realize Wednesday is hump day because you're over the hump of the week.