15 Reasons Why My Parents Are My Heroes.

Where would I be without mom and dad?
7062

Everyone has their ups and downs throughout life. One day you can be having the time of your life and everything is going your way and the next, life decides to throw a curve ball at you and everything seems to go wrong. But, one thing that I have learned over the past 20 years is that parents will be there to support you and to love you, unconditionally, no matter the circumstances. From the time I was a little girl, my parents have always encouraged me to go after my dreams, to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be and reminded me to be grateful for everything that I have. My parents have raised me to be strong and independent, just like them. And they have consistently made me feel safe and loved since day one. I probably don’t remind them enough that I am so thankful for everything that they do for me, and for all of the life lessons they have taught me. My parents are my role models. My heroes. And here are just some of the reasons why.

1. They always know how to brighten my day.

No matter what kind of mood I'm in, my parents will always know how to make me laugh or smile. Whether it is a simple phone call to hear their voices or a good cry and a hug, my parents are my go to when I am having a bad day.

2. They believe in me, when I don’t believe in myself.

If I am stressed out about work or college and I don’t think I can handle life, my parents will be there no matter what, to tell me that everything will be okay. Ever since I was a little girl my parents have always had the faith in me that sometimes isn't so easy to have in myself.

3. They assure me that it's okay to make mistakes.

When they answer the phone to listen to me tell them about my massive fail of the week, or that embarrassing thing I did the other day, you can be sure they always have a story to tell, of their own mistakes they made at my age. They have always ensured me that mistakes are all just a part of growing up, and you will learn valuable life lessons from a lot of them. So, there is no need to be ashamed.

4. If I'm ever in doubt about handy work or cooking, they’ve got my back.

There has been endless phone calls starting with “how long should I cook the chicken for”, “how do I know if it's done?”, “what does this light in my car mean?” and “how do I pay these bills online?” Without fail, mom and dad always have the answer.

5. I know they will never judge me.

They have changed my diapers. They have cleaned up my throw up. They have accepted that bad grade I got on a test. They have seen me cry over the smallest and silliest of things. Yet they never look at me with anything other than acceptance and love.

6. They never fail to remind me, that I am always loved and cared for.

When I thought my heart was broken by a boy or when I felt alone and lost after we moved, my parents were always there to hold me and remind me that they would always be there for me, in good times and in bad.

7. They have taught me right from wrong.

All the times I thought they were the worst in the world for grounding me, for giving me a curfew, for taking away my phone, I see why you guys did it now.

8. They always know what food to have on the table when I come home from college.

Nothing will beat coming home from college, after weeks of busy work, stress, and feeling homesick, than arriving through the door to my parents open arms and the smell of my favorite meal from my mom cooking in kitchen.

9. They have worked their hardest to give me the best life possible.

My parents have made many sacrifices throughout their lives to give my brothers and I the best quality of life we could possibly have. They even moved to the other side of the world! And even though it may not always seem like it, I am so thankful they made the move and I am so thankful for the hard work they put into setting up our new life.

10. They have given up hours on end to drive me here, there and everywhere.

I can't even count the endless nights they stayed up late to pick me up from that party, or that movie, or that friend's house.

11. They have dealt with my terrible teenage years.

The teenage years were rough. I probably said “OMG I HATE YOU” or “OMG YOU'RE SO LAME” once or twice. But through all the hormonal mood swings and the teenage arguments, it only made us grow closer together in the end.

12. They always tell me the truth.

My parents wont sugar coat anything. Even if its something that I don’t want to hear. But I know that they have my best interest at heart when they tell me the things that I need to hear bluntly. And even though I may not want to believe it at the time, chances are they're right.

13. They have given me an awesome taste in music.

Some people don’t agree, but nothing beats 90s alternative rock. Thanks guys.

14. They inspire me each and every day.

I can honestly say that I have never met two people who are stronger, smarter, more caring, more hard working, or more inspiring than my parents. From day one I have been looking up to them as the perfect role models for me. And I know that if I grow up to be half the person that they both are, then I know I'm doing alright.

15. My parents are my best friends.

Not only are they my mom and dad, but they are also two of my best friends in the entire world. I can joke with them, I can laugh with them, I can have fun with them and I love them both as big as the world.