10 Reasons Why All Staters Are Looking Forward To Fall Semester

We are and always will be Penn State.

6
police.psu.edu

As summer starts approaching mid-July, it is very common that college students begin getting antsy about going back to school. For college students, summer is a long four-month period that eventually leaves everyone longing for school despite classes and other responsibilities. Penn State students in particular have a list of things they are looking forward to the most when heading back to school:

1. Being reunited with your best friends.

As if summer isn’t already long enough, being away from your people makes it 10 times longer. The first couple weeks of school always calls for catching up, opening bottles of wine, dates to the Waffle Shop and planning unforgettable weekend shenanigans.

2. Football Season

As Penn State students, we live and breathe football during the fall semester. Waking up early on Saturdays — despite being hung over — tailgates and close games is what we look forward to when the weekend comes.

3. Syllabus Week

Yup, that’s right. The one thing that every Penn State student looks forward to the most at the beginning of each semester is going out for a week straight with no worries. This is a time to catch up on all the partying you missed out on this summer. It is a time where it is OK to be ratchet and pregame too hard. It is the time to get silly.

4. Order Up

Where else can you order “dinner” at 1 a.m. on a Thursday night? Order Up is a savior to students at Penn State. Whether you actually forgot to eat dinner or you are in desperate need for drunk food, Order Up always has your back.

5. Being able to drink every night.

One of the best parts about college is that it is 100 percent acceptable to drink every night of the week without being judged. The feeling of being able to sit back with a glass of wine and write an essay is indescribable. Remember, it isn’t considered alcoholism until you graduate.

6. Daylongs

Who doesn’t love waking up at 9 a.m. on Saturdays to a shot of your favorite liquor! Daylongs are arguably one of the best parts of the weekend. They are a time where you wake up and cure your hangover from the night before with more alcohol. You can drink all day and frat-hop with your best friends all day without a care in the world.

7. THON spirit comes back to life.

If anyone knows anything about Penn State, they know THON. Fall semester is the time of the year where involvement in THON starts to kick off. Committee applications are open, THON organizations are expanding, and people are already planning for THON weekend; needless to say that the spirit of giving back is arising once again.

8. Everything about the Berkey Creamery

It’s time to catch up on all the months you missed out on the best ice cream ever created. When the fall days remain sizzling hot, who doesn’t love a trip to the creamery to cool down and eat their body weight in ice cream? The Creamery also has amazing coffee that can save you from falling asleep in class or bagels that can heal your soul after a rough night out.

9. Halloween weekend

Halloween weekend is always one of the best weekends of the fall semester. It’s the one time of the year where it is okay to dress skanky or ridiculous. You can be anything you want and wear anything you want.

10. Being home again.

Penn State is everyone’s home. The community, atmosphere, and Penn State family are things that all student hold close to their hearts. We are proud of our school and love it with everything we have. Penn State is our home. We are, and always will be, Penn State.