15 Reasons I Don't Want Kids

15 Reasons I Don't Want Kids

As much as I love kids I'm not sure I want them for myself

163
15 Reasons I Don't Want Kids
UsSeek

Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I have babysat many kids and have loved most all of them, but I'm not sure if I want kids for myself. Many people, as soon as I say this, can't seem to comprehend why I wouldn't. Kids aren't honestly as great as they seem to be sometimes. I love children, but there are quite honestly a lot of reasons kids are kind of terrible to have. There are obviously good reasons to have kids and many things to love about kids, but I often get reminded of the things I just don't like about kids, or the things they do that are just bad.

1. Slobber....

It is so disgusting holding a smiling baby that drops a big blob of saliva right on your arm or leg or shirt. It's wet and gooey and smells bad usually and is just overall nasty.

2. Poopy diapers

Smelly, stinky, weirdly colorful, I only have bad things to say about these. There honestly may be nothing more gross than these. They are terrible!

3. Biting

Nearly every kid goes through some phase where they bite everything, including people unfortunately. When you have a kid, just expect at some point to have them bite your arm or leg or lip when trying to give you a kiss.

4. NO!

Before kid learn to say yes, they learn to say no, and they say no to EVERYTHING! It's incredibly frustrating when you ask a kid a simple question or try to play with them and they say no.

5. Repeating themselves

They will find a favorite phrase or name and say it over and over and over and practically drive you crazy.

6. Picky with food

Taste buds in kids change as they grow up. I went through a phase when all I would eat was cheese toast and cooked carrots. It honestly lasted for about three weeks and it genuinely concerned my parents and practically drove them crazy.

7. Crying for no reason

Well, there probably is a reason, but sometimes you just can't figure out what it is. Sometimes kids just cry and cry and you have no idea why. It often can make you cry because of how frustrating it is.

8. Not doing what they're told

Every parent has their own way of disciplining their kids but eventually a child will purposefully not do what they're told just because they want to. This honestly is probably more hurtful than annoying.

9. Hair pulling

They think it's funny, you don't, 'nuff said.

10. Temper tantrums

This will be recognized by stomping feet, a red face, crying, throwing themselves on the ground and wailing. It's a distressing sight.

11. Waking up in the middle of the night

I don't know why children are incapable of sleeping through the night, sometimes because they're hungry and sometimes they need a diaper change, but often it's for some reason no one can figure out and is incredibly frustrating and exhausting.

12. Stomping their feet

When running or walking or doing practically anything, they somehow manage to walk as loud as elephants wherever they go and whatever they do.

13. Throwing things

It is a learned skill to set things down on the table or back in the cup holder. Before that kids just throw books, toys, sippy cups just wherever and whenever they want to.

14. The "why" stage

But why is the sky blue? But why do I have to eat my veggies? But why do I have to put my toys away? But why do you have to ask so many questions, kid? Why?

15. Bickering

With you, with each other, with other kids they play with. Bickering in the backseat of a car is probably the most irritating thing to listen to.

I love kids. I really do. But there are a lot of things I really don't like about kids that makes me very unsure of whether or not I want them when I get older. Maybe eventually, but as of right now, I don't know if I'll want my own.