15 New Year's Resolutions That Only College Kids Will Understand

Because New Year's resolutions always seem to be a bit funnier when you're younger.

35
www.precisionnutrition.com

The new year always equals new beginnings, which means roll in the new year's resolutions. Local gym's will be packed and fast food restaurants will be a little less crowded for those first few weeks of the new year. Those common resolutions of traveling, losing weight, and being a better person will give us all the determination to really make them stick this time. But when you're in college, your new year's resolutions are just a little bit different.

Of course college kids are also worried about traveling, losing weight, and trying to be a better person, too. But the lack of funds and busy schedules always seem to get in the way a little bit more at this age. College kids don't try to lose weight by exercising or eating more vegetables. For a college student, the real goal is to stop going to Chipotle every other night. Although the goals may be the same, the process of executing them is certainly different. Here are fifteen new year's resolutions that only college kids would understand.

1. This semester I will actually go to my 8 am classes

The best way to make sure this resolution sticks is to only register for classes that start later than ten in the morning. But to really play it safe, better make it noon. After all, college is about working smarter, not harder, right?

2. I will not eat out more than twice a week.

And when I say week I am only including the week days. Of course the weekend is an entirely different story!

3. I will actually make it all the way through The Office.

I have to know if Dwight ever becomes manager, or if Andy and Erin finally get together! Maybe if I just start with season four, then I will actually make it to the end this time...

4. And I will not start binge watching another show until I finish my current one

And by finish my current one I mean I will finish all five of the shows I've been rotating through. And then I swear I will only watch one show at a time.

5. I will finally get that job my Mom has been telling me to get for months

I'm sure if I actually fill out the application this time, then I will have a decent chance at getting hired! I just hope they don't expect me to work double shifts or weekends because I am not about that!

6. I won't let social media dominate my life

Which means I will only check the number of likes on my Instagram posts every hour rather than every half hour. It's all about baby steps, people!

7. And I will get more sleep by going to bed earlier

If I get in bed around 9:30pm and only watch a few episodes of Friends, then I can easily be asleep around 1am!

8. The treadmill will become my friend, not my enemy

And if it insists on being a pain in the butt like it has in the past, then I will just give the elliptical a shot!

9. I will try to drink more of that clear liquid stuff the doctor is always talking about

I think most people refer to it as water. But since it doesn't really exist in my diet, I'm not really sure. Maybe if I buy one of those cute little water bottles, then I'll actually be motivated to drink it!

10. I will socialize with people somewhere other than at a party

This time when I say I am only having one drink, I will actually only have two drinks. And maybe if I'm really feeling friendly, I'll actually offer one of those cheap beers to someone new on the scene. They always say kindness is free, but when you're in college it almost always costs you a beer or two.

11. And I will boost up my school spirit

I might even go to one of those sports game stuff everyone is always talking about!

12. I won't wait until my dirty laundry has formed a mountain

I will only allow them to become small peaks before I actually fire up the washer and dryer.

13. And I will actually be able to see the floor in my room

And when they're finally finished drying, I'll give this folding thing a shot rather than throwing them all on the floor.

14. I will not make pizza rolls in the microwave anymore

New years is about learning to slow down and appreciate the finer things in life. For college students, that means making pizza rolls in the oven like it's supposed to be done.

15. And I will finally get ahead on my studying like I've always planned

No more early morning cramming on the day of the exam for me. This semester I will actually start studying the night before. There's nothing like a new year to really get you motivated.