"How I Met Your Mother" is one of my all-time favorite shows. Yes, the show is entertaining and hilarious, but it also taught me a lot of life lessons from week to week. These are some important life lessons that I've gathered from the series over the years.
1. Friends are really important.
Good friends will always be there through thick and thin.
2. Never lose sight of your dreams.
It took Marshall years to become an environmental lawyer, and took Ted years to follow his dream and contribute a skyscraper to the New York skyline. Never give up, because you'll succeed eventually.
3. Never stay in a toxic relationship just because it's convenient.
Barney and Robin were in a bad relationship and it took a physical and mental toll on them and things became even worse when they tried to keep it from falling apart.
4. Long distance relationships are really difficult.
Sometimes it can work, but most times the relationship will end up like Ted and Victoria.
5. Never make slap bets.
6. Your college experience doesn't define your future.
I suppose we're all a little pretentious in college
7. The Hot-Crazy scale is very important.
8. Never be the "Blitz" and leave the party early, because you'll miss something amazing.
9. You're awesome!
People will try to bring you down, but just remember that you're awesome!
10. Any night can be legendary if you try.
Ted and Barney licked the Liberty Bell. You know what it tasted like? Freedom.
11. Life has to get hard before it can get easier.
Once you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up.
12. Nothing good ever happens after 2 a.m.
13. You'll encounter times when you'll have to choose between your career and your love life.
Sometimes we make the right decision, sometimes we don't.
14. Never make life decisions while you're drunk.
15. You might end up finding "the one" when you least expect it.
It took Ted countless heartbreaks and crappy first dates, but he finally met his future wife minutes before he left for a job in Chicago. You never know when your life can change.