15 Life Lessons Learned From Elle Woods

15 Life Lessons Learned From Elle Woods

All you gotta do is bend and snap!

125
15 Life Lessons Learned From Elle Woods
cdn5.thr.com

15 years ago, Elle Woods went from your stereotypical college sorority girl to your not-so-typical law student. She became a role model for many young women because she refused to allow people to tell her what she could or could not do. Many people believed that she would never amount to anything more than a model or a beauty pageant contestant because of the way that she looked. Many people refused to take her seriously when she said that she was going to apply for law school, and they still refused to take her seriously even after she got in. She decided to work hard, and because of some basic perm knowledge and the "bend and snap," she was able to win her first real court case. Besides showing girls that basic hair knowledge can help you win a court case, there are many other life lessons that can be learned from Elle Woods:

1. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are not smart enough to do something

You are the only person who truly knows how capable you are of doing something, so do not allow the opinions of other people to prevent you from doing what you want to do. If Elle had listened to Warner when he had told her that she was not smart enough for the internship, she would have never known that she had the potential to get it.

2. Do not be afraid to do things that make you stand out

Nobody else had have a pink resume so obviously Elle stood out among the rest of the students that applied for the internship.

3. The "Bend and Snap" works every time

At least that's what all of the people in the hair salon said.

4. Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't shoot their husbands

I've never heard of a happy person killing anyone.

5. Orange is not the new pink

Orange might be the new black, but it will never be the new pink.

6. Having some fashion knowledge can come in handy if a salesperson is trying to sell you something for much more than it is worth

Do not be that person that gets tricked into buying something for more than it's worth because the salesperson believes that you know nothing.

7).Never let one person ruin your life

Do not let one person ruin your life because whatever trouble they are causing you is not worth it. You will never be able to accomplish all that you can if you allow people to tear you down. Work hard to be the best person that you can be, and ignore anyone who tries to bring you down.

8. First impressions are not always correct

First impressions are important but they are not always correct. You or the other person involved could have had a bad day and as a result you could have had a bad first impression of them. You should at least give someone one more chance before you decide if they are the type of person who you should allow yourself to be around.

9. You must wait at least 24 hours before getting your hair wet after getting a perm

This is the kind of knowledge that can help you win court cases.

10. There are some people who you will never be good enough for, and that's okay

Warner ended up graduating from Harvard with no honors, no girlfriend and no job offers, so between him and Elle, who is the real winner here?

11. Do not be afraid of a challenge

Do not be afraid to challenge yourself because it will allow you to grow as a person, and become a better person as a result.

12. Have your priorities in order and don't settle

Do not settle for anyone who is going to bring you down. Have some goals for what you want to accomplish in life and find someone who will support your goals and help you to achieve them.

13. Chuck is not just a friend

He is not just a friend.

14. Always be confident

Make sure to always be confident in all that you do.

15. You must always have faith in yourself

You will never be able to accomplish anything in life if you do not have faith in yourself. If Elle had not had the faith in herself that she could get into Harvard Law, then she would have never put forth all the work that was required of her to get into the school. As a result of not getting into the school, she would have never known that she was capable of getting an internship opportunity that would eventually lead her to her first real court case win. She also would have never met Emmett, who is a thousand times better than Warner.