15 Items You Need This Winter

15 Items You Need This Winter

These items are essential, especially if you live in the Midwest.

339
15 Items You Need This Winter

If you go to college in the midwest, especially in a city that is next to Lake Michigan, you probably know how harsh the winter can get. Some days it's just too cold to even leave your house. Here are 15 things that everyone college student should have this winter to survive the frigid bite of Jack Frost.

1. Blankets

Blankets are an essential part of every college student's life. Supply yourself with a few extra blankets to not only keep warm, but to also use as a perfect make-shift bed for when you have guests stay over.

2. A Big Comforter

Make sure you have a nice warm comforter to sleep under at night when it gets colder; sheets to match are also a good idea. Tip: Get flannel sheets. They're soft, comfortable and very warm.

3. A Space Heater

On those days where you wish you could just crank up the heat to an incredibly high number, you can use a space heater instead. They save you a ton of money when it comes to utility bills.

4. A heated blanket

Heated blankets are a great addition to your winter collection. Get warmed up and watch a movie!

5. Microwavable heating pads

Microwavable heating pads are inexpensive and are an easy way to warm up quickly.

6. Window plastic kits

This item will not only help keep drafts under control and help reduce your heating bill, but they are also inexpensive and easy to apply/remove.

7. Window/door foam

Yet another inexpensive way to keep out drafts.

8. A big winter coat

This one is a no-brainer. Don't be one of "those guys" walking around in a t-shirt and athletic shorts when it's 2 degrees out. The bigger, the better. You want to look like the Michelin Man.

9. Touchscreen gloves

Gloves are another obvious item, but touch screen gloves can be inexpensive and are great when you don't want to freeze your hands off trying to figure out the bus route.

10. A slouchy beanie in a color that goes with every outfit

Everyone needs a simple, plain beanie to go with every outfit. Not only are they stylish, but they're also warm!

11. Boots

Boots are such an essential piece to every midwesterner's winter gear supply. Whether they're stylish, sturdy or both, everyone should have a good pair for the winter.

12. Boot socks

A pair of good socks are the best addition to the boots that you have in your winter clothing stock. They'll actually help keep your feet warm in the snow.

13. Hot chocolate

Any hot beverage, whether it's hot chocolate, coffee or tea, is the perfect way to warm up after being out in the cold for long amounts of time.

14. Someone or something to cuddle with

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F01%2F19%2F6358876632449220311431213597_cuddle.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=597&h=0954a451502ece6ebedf76f294b0d20c02cff72766f27201e4a5679e7742aa7c&size=980x&c=4076493634 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F01%252F19%252F6358876632449220311431213597_cuddle.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D597%26h%3D0954a451502ece6ebedf76f294b0d20c02cff72766f27201e4a5679e7742aa7c%26size%3D980x%26c%3D4076493634%22%7D" expand=1]

Warm up by getting cozy with someone or something. Options include: significant others, roommates, dogs, cats or other small animals.

15. More blankets!!

You can never have enough blankets; everyone needs a stockpile. With that many blankets, how can you not make a blanket fort?