15 Healthy No-Bake Desserts To Try This Summer

Because you shouldn't have to decide between dessert and your diet.

16
One Lovely Life

Summer can be a land of temptation, frustration and guilt. Although nothing is as delectable as the treats available at Fourth of July picnics and summer barbecues, the pool and beach time that accompany June through August can bring with them added pressure to be healthy, while looking your best. Fortunately, there are a number of healthy alternatives to summer snacks that won't throw off your diet.

Here's a list of 15 healthy options to indulge your inner sweet tooth without sacrificing your nutritional well being:

1. Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Bites.

This rich dessert uses only three ingredients, that are likely already in your kitchen and is only 151 calories. While there is a three hour wait time for the dessert to freeze, these chocolate covered frozen banana and peanut butter bites don't require an oven and quite easy to make, not to mention easy to take to a party, making them the perfect potluck food.

2. FroYo Berry Bites.

Craving ice cream, but hoping to avoid the high fat, sugar and dairy content that goes into it? Look no further than these 129 calorie frozen yogurt berry bites. This recipe promises the satisfaction of ice cream without the guilt that comes with it.

3. Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles.

Summer isn't summer without popsicles. Unfortunately, every kids favorite after dinner treats tend to be loaded with refined sugars, artificial dyes, carbohydrates and preservatives. Relive the childhood joys of a popsicle with one of these Strawberry Watermelon Pops instead. These popsicles are easy to make, use 100% natural ingredients and contain no added sugar, in addition to boasting not two but three superfoods, loaded in Vitamin C and antioxidants.

4. Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices.

Much like number 1, these apple slices are easy to make and will be ready in 20 minutes. To make this delicacy even better, the snack is vegan. The toppings can be customized to include anything that strikes your fancy, from sprinkles to shredded coconut.

5. Low Carb Key Lime Bars.

There's something about summer and key lime that just belong together. They're like the Ross and Rachel of foods and seasons. Just because you're eating healthy doesn't mean you have to split up these soulmates. Try a low carb key lime bar instead.

6. Greek Yogurt Cookie Dough.

Few things in this world are as enjoyable as raw cookie dough. Unfortunately, this delicacy tends to be one of the worst snack foods in existence, in terms of carbs, sugars and fats (don't worry, I won't tell if you won't). On a more positive note, there's this recipe that gives all the joy of cookie dough without the same amount of sugar and fats.

7. Nutella Frozen Yogurt

Ah. Nutella. Perhaps Italy's most glorious culinary contribution to the world (Dear pasta, gelato and cannolis. I'm sorry. I promise I love you too!) Sadly, Nutella can pose a serious threat to any sort of healthy eating in the summer. Who can resist dipping strawberries in the chocolaty goodness? But, just because you're eating clean this summer doesn't mean you have to give up the divine gift that is Nutella. This frozen yogurt promises the heaven that is Nutella, at a fraction of the calories.

8. Breakfast Banana Split.

Although dessert tends to be the biggest threat to summer diets, breakfast can also pose a number of challenges to the healthy eater. Instead of reaching for a toaster strudel, go for this breakfast banana split instead. It's loaded with nutrient rich fruits, plenty of texture and a sense of variety that goes perfectly with the season, but don't worry. I promise they're delicious any time of day.

9. Skinny Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.

Nothing is as delicious after a long day in the sun as a slice of cheesecake. These bars offer all of the satisfaction of a cheesecake bar without the decadence.

10. Chocolate Drizzled Frozen Fruit Skewers.

These chocolate drizzled frozen fruit skewers are probably the most straight forward recipe on this list. At 69 calories per serving, they're too good to pass up.

11. Clean Blueberry Almond Crumble.

Opps. This dessert is the only recipe on this list that requires baking, but given that this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, clean eating, low fat, low calorie, and can be sugar-free, I figured that it was worth breaking the no bake rule.

12. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds.

Sometimes, you just want to snack. Instead of reaching for the chocolate covered potato chips, try these dark chocolate sea salt almonds. They're loaded with vitamin B2, phosphorus, biotin, vitamin E, healthy fats and fiber and will keep you full throughout the day.

13. Five Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.

Everybody loves ice cream, especially in summer. Although there are a number of more health conscious alternatives to everyone's favorite frozen treat online, these recipes can be time consuming, and expensive to make. However, this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt only uses four ingredients and takes a total of five minutes to make.

14. Smores Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe.

There is no summer food in this world I like more than smores. In fact, I would easily be able to justify giving up clean eating for just one, if someone was standing in front of me with a marshmallow and a bonfire. Fortunately, this recipe has the ability to deliver the glory of the smore at only 80 calories. What could be better than that?

15. Clean Blueberry Almond Crumble.

Confession Time: This dessert is the only recipe on this list that requires baking, but given that this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, clean eating, low fat, low calorie, and can be sugar-free, I figured that it was worth breaking the no bake rule.