15 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes For The First Semester Of College

15 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes For The First Semester of College

"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" -Meredith Grey

215

Grey's Anatomy, one of the top medical shows on TV right now, is not only relatable to the everyday lives of the average American adult, but it is also relates to the lives of a first semester college freshman. While watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy, I noticed some of the quotes really spoke to me about how I was feeling as a new freshman at Ball State University. So, I decided it would be fun (and sometimes funny) to write an article about them and how they made me feel. Here's what I came up with...

1. "We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" -Meredith Grey

What you say right after your parents leave you on move in day.

2. "Rule number one: Don't bother sucking up. I already hate you." -Miranda Bailey

Every college professor to every freshman the first day of classes.

3. "We’re petrified of saying too much or saying it wrong. When the truth is, the only wrong thing you can say is nothing at all." -Jackson Avery

When you get called on in the middle of your first college lecture that has 100 other student in it.

4. "Responsibility. It really does suck....Unfortunately, once you get past the age of braces and training bras, responsibility doesn't go away." -Meredith Grey

That moment when you realize your parents aren't there to wake you up for class anymore and it is all on you. You are now in charge of yourself.

5. "At some point you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out; they fence you in. Life is messy, that's how we're made." -Meredith Grey

What you think while you are trying to decide what to do with your life…..and major.

6. "I am your Chief Resident. What does that mean? It means that I am your chief. Your boss, your commander, your overlord, your queen. It means when I speak, you listen." -Jo Wilson

When your group puts u in charge during the group project.

7. "You didn't love her! You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her, because you don't destroy the person that you love!" -Callie Torres

This is what your best friend says to Chad from Theta Apple Pi after her breaks your heart….for the 12th time this month.

8. "Don't you wish you could just take it back? That thing you said? That thing you did? There's no undo button. There's only hoping we can learn. We can change, right? We can do better. We can't take back what we've done. We can't undo the past, cause the future keeps coming at us." -Meredith Grey

What is going through your mind on Friday morning after going out for the third week in a row for thirsty Thursday.

9. "Failure is inevitable, unavoidable. But failure should never get the last word. You have to hold on to what you want. You have to not take no for an answer, and take what’s coming to you. Never give in. Never give up. Stand up. Stand up and take it." -Meredith Grey

The pep talk you give to your best friend when you are both not doing well at midterms.

10. "Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain." -Cristina Yang

When you get an A on a test that you studied for and deserved to do well on.

11. "Where’s the liver? I lost the liver! Have you seen it? It’s... it’s liver shaped." -Maggie Pierce

How you are feeling after going through your first Halloweekend experience.

12. "It's my party and I'll get drunk if I want to." -Meredith Grey

That moment when you wanna get drunk on a Tuesday night and you remember you have left over Smirnoff in your mini fridge.

13. "Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass." -Meredith Grey

When everything is due the week before finals and then suddenly it is the week before finals.

14. "The key to surviving a surgical internship is denial. We deny that we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed. And most importantly, we deny that we're in denial." -Meredith Grey

When finals week is just too much all at once and you are not mentally or emotionally prepared for that kind of stress.

15. "Fresh starts. Thanks to the calendar, they happen every year. Just set your watch to January. Our reward for surviving the holiday season, is a new year. Bringing on the great tradition of New Year’s resolutions. Put your past behind you, and start over. It’s hard to resist the chance at a new beginning. A chance to put the problems of last year to bed." -Meredith Grey

When you get back from holiday break and start the new semester vowing to make it better than the last one.