15 Girls In My College Life That I'll Miss The Most This Summer

It's not goodbye it's see you later.

153
Personal Photo

I’m sitting here, in 80 degree weather, at the Pentacrest reminiscing about how amazing freshmen year has been and all the amazing girls I have met along the way.

I have absolutely fallen in love with my school and everything that comes with it. When my parents told me this will be the best four years of my life, and I need to enjoy it because it goes by fast.. well they aren’t kidding. The memories I will cherish with each and every one of you girls are endless. You know how to make me smile, laugh, believe in myself, make me smarter and so much more.

1. Shannon

Shanny bananny!! You will forever be my best friend. From elementary school to now we’ve been through it all, and I wouldn’t wanna go through it with anyone else. I couldn’t have survived freshmen year without you. I remember our first night in college and literally we’ve spent every day since that together. From working out, to eating (a lot), to crying over how much homework we have, I can always lean on you for a friend and a sister. Love you. Can’t wait to see what next year brings for you!

2. Katherine Grace aka “just kate”

ROOOOOMMIIIEEEEE! Who would have thought my freshmen year roommate would make such an impact on my life?? Without you, my freshmen year wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun. I love our late night talks, early morning breakfasts, our first and second dinner, my dance parties that you sit through, our endless laughs, smiles, cries, and friendship. While we are going to absolutely thrive next year, I will always miss having you as a roomie. And don’t worry, we still will see each other since I forced us to take the same class. CANT GET RID OF ME YET! There is so much more I could write, but it probably isn’t appropriate for a very public blog post;) love you endlessly

3. Emma

Emma Rae! From the day I met you, I knew you were something special. I loved your raspiness (is this a word?? Idk) in your voice hahahah. You showed me around the Alpha Phi house and it’s crazy to think that your house is now my house, too. I can’t imagine myself in any other sorority with any other big sister. You are my best friend. I can come to you with anything, and even though you’ll make fun of me, I know that deeeeeeep down you’ll always have my back. Your presence lights up the room. I am so lucky to have you and I can’t wait to (kinda) live with you next year. I’m excited to welcome my little into our family because I know you’ll be there the entire time. Love you to pieces, Em!!

4. Emily

Hahahahha Emily where do I begin with you?? It’s funny to think I’ve been following you on Instagram since 6th grade, but we didn’t become friends until college. Thank god we did, though. I can always come to you when I need to hear a funny story, or have a laugh. You have such a sweet heart. I can’t wait to be in the doll house with you next year. Come visit me this summer!! I’ll miss you to pieces. You are the absolute best pretty girl.

5. Kenny

My sweet Kenny!! Who would have thought the girl I was scared to approach on the first night of college would become my best friend and roommate in the dollhouse. I can always count on you to listen to my life, and be genuinely interested. Your curiosity, love, intelligence, beauty, and creativity will ensure a lifetime of happiness for you. You are going to marry the most perfect guy, and have the most perfect life. I can’t wait to see all your successes. I love you Kenny Katherine

6. Tiff

TIFF! Gosh I love you. I can always come to you for the latest gossip, funny stories, and to keep me in the loop. I love how involved you are with the sorority and how much love you have for Iowa. You have the most beautiful smile and cutest laugh. I can’t wait to live just a couple doors away from you next year! Eeeek! We are going to have so much fun in the doll house. I will be visiting you in Iowa City this summer!

7. Miss Olivia Horan

Oh liv. Frat boy liv. Girl with boot. Thanks for always laughing at my (not so) funny jokes and taking pictures with me!! Just like kate, I bet you thought you could get rid of me after freshmen year BUT, JOKES ON YOU HAHAHHA. I know where you live! I’ll be checking in on my roomie once a week or so… J I love you the mostest. Your energy and positivity radiates in every room. You are such a smart girl (direct admit to the nursing program WHADDUP) and I know you are going to do great things in this world! Excited to thrive with you next fall!

8. Liz

Hahhaha lizzzzyyyy! I don’t think I’ve met someone more boy obsessed than you (besides me). Thank you for going to all the frats with me just so I can see the boys I have crushes on. I am going to miss being able to hear you scream from down the hallway. I love eating with you in the dining hall reminiscing about all the weird things we did the night before and all the mistakes we made. Enjoy your time to be crazy, because I know when you find the right boy, you are going to make the best wife and mother. Love you babe, forever and ever.

9. Camille

Camilla! I am so excited for you! I can’t wait to hear about your experiences from across the world! So jealous! You are going to have oh so much fun! Of course, we will miss having our “mom” over here in the United States, but it is so important that you take this time for yourself and enjoy your teenage years before we enter the real world. You inspire me to be a better me. I love your drive to be a good student. I love your motivation to be at the gym every day and eat healthy. Overall, I envy you! Best of luck next year, send me lots of pics!! I looooooove you! (excited for Friday night dinners before you leave!)

10. Kaitlin

Kait! Looking back at old pics I laugh at how many pictures we took together on bid day! We didn’t even know each other! But I am so happy we did because I can now say you are one of my best friends here. Seeing those pictures make me so happy! I love how I can always count on you to be there for me (or to go eat at the dining hall). I’m excited to go out with you every night next year!! We are about to THRIVE! I loooooove you lots kait!!

11. Madison

Jew baby! Haha! Can’t wait to go to Hillel with you next year! I have absolutely loved getting to know you this year. You always know how to make me laugh. I love how you are always down to have a good time and go out for food and drinks! It was so fun getting to know your mama over mom’s weekend! Mazel Tov to us for finishing freshmen year strong!

12. Livvy P aka JB fanatic

Liv, you’re a hoot! I love your innocence and your ability to stay out of all drama. I am very jealous of that, hahaha! You are the cutest human evaaaa! You always make me smile and I am always happy to see you! I had so much fun at dinner last night. I hope you had the best birthday ever because you deserved it!

13. Gianna

To the cutest, petite, little munchkin in alpha phi. I love how your height doesn’t affect your personality. I love your feistiness. You come with the funniest stories. You are so real. I love how we can go from talking seriously to joking around in seconds! We need to have lunch dates more often. I have so much fun with you, G!!! SO EXCITED TO LIVE WITH YOU NEXT YEAR!! YAY APHI!

14. Meg Adams

Oh meg always down for a good time and I love that about you. Your energy is something I admire. I love that you stay true to yourself and do what makes you happy. You hang with whom you want to hang. You don’t let people walk all over you. I envy that about you. I am constantly learning new things about you and everything I hear makes me love you even more. I can’t wait to bool next year with ya !! love you have an awesome summer babe

15. Alpha phi

To every single one of my alpha phis, I can’t imagine college without you girls. You all have made the biggest impact on my life. We all have such different stories and backgrounds, but recruitment brought us all together and made us one big happy family. I always look forward to seeing you guys, going to the house, sisterhoods etc!! thanks for being the best friends and sisters! Love you all so much!! Excited for the years to come and to welcome our BABIES!