15 Entertaining Date Ideas

15 Entertaining Date Ideas

Just a few ideas on ways to enjoy some time together.

72
15 Entertaining Date Ideas

I need date ideas. I love coffee and a movie [usually too cheap for dinner], but we all need some variety. Experiencing new activities with my fiancé, or even just doing something a little different, is fun and leads to a stronger, healthier relationship. Fun fact: I’m really, really bad at planning dates-- truly the worst. Hopefully this list will spark some new ideas and lead to some fun memories.

1. Cookie Bake-Off

My man make amazing snicker-doodles and I’m pretty good at a standard chocolate chip. Dancing around the kitchen and cookies—what could be better?

2. Ice Skating

This isn’t always cheap, but doesn’t have to break the bank. The closest ice rink to me is usually about $10 per person for hours of fun.

3. Hiking

We’ve tried to go hiking at Multnomah Falls at least three times and haven’t made it yet but it’s definitely on the list! Hiking is great for both quality and recreational time.

4. Winter Walks

Yes, bring the whole family along; it's more fun than you think. Bundle up, grab some hot cocoa and walk around looking at Christmas lights. This works in the Spring or Summer as well. Grab some iced coffee and go look at houses thinking about your dream home.

5. Day at the Lodge

Last February we went up to Timberline Lodge and just hung out for the day. It’s really not expensive if you aren’t going skiing or snowboarding. Pack some snow clothes and make a snowman or have a snowball fight.

6. Christmas Tree Hunting

This one pretty much only works for the Winter. Go to a Christmas tree farm and find the biggest tree as well as the most Charlie Brown-ish one.

Take some photos because you're adorable.

7. Graham Cracker Houses

A cheaper alternative to gingerbread houses and far more customizable. Build a farmhouse, beach house, or castle with this delicious goodness anytime of the year!

8. YouTube Dance Classes

YouTube features some awesome dancers who give great tutorials. My fiancé and I have been talking about these for a while but haven’t yet attempted actually following a video. We may be searching some out to figure out a first dance for the wedding.

9. Sketch a Dream Home

He does construction; I’ve sketched houses since I can remember. This activity gets us working together and is super fun. It also helps us learn about what’s important to the other person.

10. Volunteer

One of my favorite ways to spend time with my man is volunteering with him. I love serving alongside him, especially when he’s working with kids (it’s adorable and attractive).

Shout-out to the Salem Dream Center for letting us come hang out. They do amazing work!

11. Be Tourists

Go to a town/city an hour away and explore! For us this is Portland- the city of weird no one wants to explain and exploring gigantic bookstores or walking over picturesque bridges is a must.

12. Geo Caching

Honestly never been but it’s been on our list for over a year. I’ve heard it’s entertaining.

13. Work Out Together

Go for a run and have some fun. Working out together is a great stress reliever, while building fun memories and healthy habits.

14. Foreign Food

Find a little restaurant with food you've never heard of. Each of you order something you don't recognize that's $7 or less. If all of it is too weird or unappetizing go home and eat some cereal but enjoy the adventure.

15. Woodworking

Or really any project that you can work on together. I'm horrible at these things but this is definitely my fiance's skill set. Create something together and hang it up on your wall.

Keep in mind nearly all of these activities would work with other couples or even a group of friends. Have fun building memories and enjoying time. Make your relationships thrive friends!