15 Easter Candies I Hope You Got In Your Basket

You can never go wrong with Peeps.

379
Easter Stock Photos

Easter is here, and while it is important to remember the religious importance of it, there's nothing wrong with stopping to smell the roses... or the chocolate. My family is always really generous with Easter baskets and it's one of the things I look forward to in the spring.

So, here are all my favorite Easter favorites that I hope you got in your basket this year.

1. Peeps

Even though the Easter bunny is the holiday's official mascot, the Peep definitely comes in close. Available since 1953, Peeps have become far more than just candy; they've inspired countless recipes, crafts, pieces of art and more. And they're an Easter classic.

2. Cadbury Mini Eggs

These milk chocolate-filled goodies offer delight in every bite. Put them in plastic Easter eggs, add them to cookies, or eat them right out of your hand. You can never have too many!

3. Cadbury Creme/Caramel Eggs

Cadbury Eggs have a rabid cult following—likely due to the fact that they're only available from January through April in the U.S.

4. Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Carrots

While I have a sweet spot for all types of candy, Reese's Pieces are an all-time favorite.

5. Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Eggs

Of course, I can't forget regular Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, though. They were the most popular Easter candy of 2017.

6. Jelly Belly's

Even though jelly beans are a year-round favorite, they shine at Easter. Available in seasonal colors and flavors, Jelly Belly jelly beans will always be on our Easter list.

7. Solid Chocolate Bunnies

I would have put these higher on my list, but an entire solid chocolate bunny is almost too much chocolate to enjoy all at once. Even so, these treats are still Easter basket essentials.

8. M&M's Malt Easter Eggs

I'll keep it simple: You can never go wrong with M&M's...ever.

9. Hershey's Eggs

Sure, there are a lot of chocolate eggs on this list, but it's Easter, a.k.a. the one time of year it's perfectly acceptable to snack on egg-shaped candy.

10. Whopper's Mini Robin Eggs

These may not be as popular as jelly beans, but they are definitely worth trying if you haven't had them before. Each speckled pastel shell is filled with malted milk candy, and every bite is sugary sweet perfection.

11. Lindt Chocolate Carrots

Lindt is my favorite chocolate ever. Whether you're looking for edible Easter decor or a seasonal dessert, these carrots are great picks. Made with a milk chocolate shell and a hazelnut center, we wish these sweet treats were around all year long.

12. Chocolate Marshmallow Egg

Marshmallows covered in milk chocolate? I'd never say no to that. These are basically a mess-free version of s'mores without the crackers.

13. Starburst Jelly Bean

Everything you love about Starburst chews but in the form of a jelly bean. Yes, please! I could eat these all year long.

14. Snickers Eggs

When it comes to pairing chocolate with caramel and peanuts, nobody does it like Snickers.

15. Hershey's Kisses

These chocolate classics taste exactly the same as regular Hershey's Kisses, but there's just something so festive about having them wrapped in pretty pastel colors. You can never go wrong.