15 Bible Verses Every College Student Needs to Read

Take a step back and darling, take a deep breath.

284

College is hard. It's so easy to lose sight of what is important while being sucked into the vortex of stress, drama, and the pressure to perform perfectly even if the cost is your sanity and well-being.

I know I myself often struggle with taking a step back and being able to breathe.

Although I would like to say I read the Bible every night, I do not. However, I try to give myself some time with the Bible each week. And I know that when I am stressed and overwhelmed, I search for answers.

Here are 15 Bible verses that have become crucial to my college experience (in no particular order).

1. "If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30.

It is important to remember that when we are weak and tired, we can turn to Him and know that God will never give us anything that we cannot handle.

2. "Jesus said 'You don't understand now what I am doing but someday you will.'" -John 13:7.

Things may be difficult now, you may not understand why things are happening, but God will reveal that to you in time. Trust in Him.

3. "I am sure that what we are suffering now cannot compare with the glory that will be shown to us." -Romans 8:18.

It is a wonderful thought that even our most awful, difficult, horrible times cannot even compare to the goodness that is yet to come.

4. "I pray that God, who gives hope, will bless you with complete happiness and peace because of your faith. And may the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope." -Romans 15:13.

Every night before I go to bed, I read this passage to myself and for every one of my friends and family.

5. "And above all else, have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins." -1 Peter 4:8

Love is the most important thing in the world. Always keep loving. Love yourself, love your friends, love your enemies.

6. "For I know well the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans of welfare and not of woe, plans to give you a future full of hope." -Jeremiah 29:11.

This is, by far, one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It is wonderful to know that our futures are full of hope, health, and happiness.

7. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9.

It is humbling to know that no matter what, you are not alone.

8. "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world." -John 16:33.

It relaxes me to know that no matter my troubles or problems, the Lord has overcome them and will help me overcome them too.

9. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." -Luke 1:37.

Whenever I feel that the pressures of college is too much, I come back to this verse and say it over and over again. Anything is possible with faith.

10. "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." -Isaiah 43:2.

Again, it is calming to know that no matter what, we are not alone.

11. "Do your work well, and then you will have something to be proud of. But don't compare yourself with others. We each must carry our own load." -Galatians 6:4-5.

In college (and in life), it is so easy to compare ourselves with other people. But the Lord says that we all must carry our own load. We must be proud of ourselves for what we are doing and not look at what our friends or classmates are doing. We are all at different chapters in our lives.

12. "My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead." -Philippians 3:13.

The past is the past. Let it go. Keep moving forward. Tomorrow is a new day.

13. "Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see." -Hebrews 11:1.

Faith is vital. It gives us hope when all hope is lost. It guides us in times of darkness.

14. "You will suffer for a while, but God will make you complete, steady, strong, and firm." -1 Peter 5:10.

Even in our worst hours, it is important to remember that God is with us. He is helping us grow. Keep your faith and your strength will come.

15. "Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. Everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find." -Matthew 7:7-8.

It is always okay to ask for help and search for answers. God will provide.

I know I need all the help I can get and I hope these verses give you the strength, humility, faith, and reassurance they have given me.