22 90's R&B & Slow Jams You've Forgotten About

Don't forget about the R&B & Soul artists who paved the way for today's music

15946
Wikipedia

R&B music is pretty much dead. Old School R&B is not being played much on the radio as old school stations are being converted to contemporary Hip-Hop, Rap and Pop stations. And with the new genres of music, and more of Hip-Hop, Rap and Pop music dominating the airwaves, R&B isn't around as much as it once was at its prime in the 90's. Lets not forget about the rhythm and blues artists who paved the way for today's music:

1. "At Your Best" by Aaliyah

"But at your best, you are love
You're a positive motivating force within my life
Should you ever feel the need to wonder why
Let me know, let me know."

Produced by R. Kelly, Aaliyah's first studio album, Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number, was released in 1994. Rest in peace, Aaliyah.

2. "I Wanna Be Down" by Brandy

Brandy's "I Wanna Be Down" was released in 1994, and stayed #1 on the Billboard charts for four weeks.

3. "Cupid" by 112

112's "Cupid" album was released in 1997, and went platinum after selling a million copies.

4. "All My Life" by KCI & JoJo

The single from their album "Love Always," was released in 1997. It topped the Billboard charts for three weeks, and went platinum.

5. "Any Time, Any Place" by Janet Jackson

This song was on Jackson's "Janet" album, released in 1993. It reached #2 on the Billboard charts.

6. "Angel of Mine" by Monica

"Angel of Mine" was released in 1998, with its album, "The Boy is Mine." The song reached the top of the Billboard charts.

7. "Come & Talk to Me" by Jodeci

This single is from their debut album released in 1991, "Forever My Lady," and stayed on the U.S. R&B charts for two straight weeks.

8. "They Don't Know" by Jon B.

A single from the album, "Cool Relax," released in 1998. It peaked at #7 on the Billboard charts.

9. "Nice & Slow" by Usher

A single from Usher's second album, "My Way," was released in 1998, and reached the Billboard charts at #1 .

10. "Who Can I Run To" by Xscape

From their album "Off the Hook," this single was released in 1995 and reached the Billboard charts at # 1.

11. "Candy Rain" by Soul For Real

Released in 1994, this single spent three straight weeks at #1 on the Billboard top charts.

12. "Get It Together" by 702

From the album "No Doubt," this single was released in 1997, and reached gold for selling over 500,000 copies in the U.S.

13. "You Used To Love Me" by Faith Evans

This debut single was released in 1994, and peaked at #24 on the Billboard charts.

14. "Love Takes Time" by Mariah Carey

Released in 1990, "Love Takes Time" was the second single on Mariah's debut album.

15. "Real Love" by Mary J. Blige

16. "Before I Let You Go" by Backstreet

Released in 1994, this track reached #2 on the Hot R&B Singles chart.

17. "Too Close" by Next

A second single from their debut album, "Too Close," was released in 1997. It went platinum, and reached #1 on the Billboard charts.

18. "Don't Let Go" by En Vogue

Released in 1993, "Don't Let Go," made the top Hot R&B Singles charts at #1.

19. "Weak" by SWV

Released in 1992, "Weak" hit the Billboard Hot 100 charts at #1.

20. "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men

Released in 1992, this hit topped the Billboard Hot 100 & R&B Singles charts at #1.

21. "This Is For Lover In You" by Babyface ft. LL Cool J

Originally recored by the oldies group Shalamar, Babyface released this version in 1996, which rea ched the Hot 100 charts.

22. "Can We Talk" by Tevin Campbell

"Can We Talk" was released in 1993, and made the Billboard Top Hits charts.