14 Ways You Know You're A Coffee Addict

14 Ways You Know You're A Coffee Addict

If you love coffee a “latte,” this one’s for you!

65
14 Ways You Know You're A Coffee Addict

Coffee is my one true love. My savior. My everything. Words cannot espresso how much coffee means to me. Coffee is brew-tiful in every way. A day without it would be a cappucino-no. But all jokes aside, I am thoroughly and wholeheartedly addicted to coffee, and I am not ashamed to admit it. If you too are addicted to this magical liquid of the gods, you know that these statements are all too real.

1. Coffee isn't just something to wake you up; it is the basis of your survival.

Coffee doesn’t even really affect you that much anymore, but you’re pretty sure that you quite literally would die without it. If you could have an I.V. of coffee pumping through your veins at all times, you totally would.

2. You remember your first cup of coffee.

Tech week of "Once Upon a Mattress"... freshman year of high school... 11 p.m. That’s where it all began…

3. You plan your whole day based on when you are going to drink coffee.

Your life honestly revolves around coffee, and for good reason, too. You just can’t be productive-- or sane for that matter-- without it.

4. You're quite adamantly either a Starbucks or a Dunkin’ Donuts fan.

And you just genuinely do not understand how someone could enjoy the opposite.

5. You know the difference between a latte, cappuccino and macchiato.

You’re basically a walking coffee encyclopedia.

6. You have at least one favorite artisanal coffee shop.

Your inner coffee-snob-hipster self shines through forever and always. When you get to experience a new fancy coffee shop, it’s pretty much the best thing ever.

7. The beautiful feeling when you take your first sip of coffee of the day.

You feel your best right after a wonderful cup of coffee. Good morning world, here you come!

8. And before that first sip, nobody should even bother speaking to you.

If they try, they’re going to get nothing but mumble-jumbled nonsense. Coherent words are just not a thing until you have a cup of coffee in your hands.

9. You know the painful reality of the coffee headache.

Caffeine withdrawal is the absolute worst.

10. You have an assortment of fancy coffee contraptions lying around your kitchen.

A french press, a cappuccino/latte foam maker, maybe even an espresso machine…These tools are your prized possessions and worth every penny.

11. Sweet coffee drinks are nice once in awhile, but nothing beats just plain old coffee.

Coffee needs not be tainted by sugary syrups and whipped cream. For you, coffee is perfection that can stand alone without all the razzle-dazzle that those who are not true coffee addicts need to be satisfied.

12. When people try to tell you about the negative effects coffee can have on your health, you have a whole arsenal of facts about the benefits of drinking coffee in your back pocket.

Did you know that drinking coffee has been shown to help prevent Alzheimer's, Parkinson’s, Type 2 diabetes and liver disease? Did you know that drinking coffee can make you smarter by increasing brain function? Did you know that studies show that coffee drinkers live longer? Yeah, that’s right. *takes sip*

13. The frustration when someone suggests you drink tea instead.

I personally love tea, but it’s just not the same. There’s something special about coffee which no other beverage, caffeinated or decaffeinated, can match. Coffee will forever reign supreme in your heart.

14. Coffee is always there for you.

If all else fails, you can always count on coffee to have your back!