Retail is a necessary evil, and retail workers understand just how evil retail is. We struggle through almost every shift we take, and we definitely cry about it when we get home. We've been on the other side of that counter, and we all understand. We all have bad experiences, we've all been there. But, there are good things too — mainly the employee discount. These are 14 things that every retail worker understands completely.
1. "This is so expensive!"
I'm sorry? Does it look like I control the prices? I JUST WORK HERE.
2. When you're the opener and you get there 15 minutes early for all your opening duties, and you already see people trying to open the doors.
3. If you flirt with me I will…
...not be able to do anything about it because I'm on the clock, so I'll just sit here and smile and imagine punching you in the face.
4. If I have a policy that says I cannot serve or help you after a certain time, and you argue with me about it, I will probably go home and scream.
5. You get to work at 3:00, work for 3 hours, and when you check the clock, it's only 3:17.
6. When customers set their money on the counter and you were holding your hand out to take it, you can literally see red.
7. There's only so long we can hold an item for a customer, but they never seem to really understand that.
8. If the sign on the door says we close at 8, and you come in at 7:56, we will actually hate you for life.
We talk about you with our coworkers and we all know who you are.