14 Reasons I Miss Addison Montgomery

14 Reasons I Miss Addison Montgomery

Everyone's favorite redheaded queen has been gone too long.

5054
14 Reasons I Miss Addison Montgomery

If you are or have ever been a fan of "Grey's Anatomy" or "Private Practice," you will be familiar with this character. Addison Adrienne Forbes Montgomery was a series regular on "Grey's Anatomy" for Seasons 2 and 3, until she went on to star in her own spin-off "Private Practice" for six seasons. For the almost nine years this character graced our screens, she continuously won over the hearts of fans. To this day, there are so many who would like to see Kate Walsh reprise her role as Addison Montgomery. However, until then, here are the reasons she is so missed.

1. She's relatable.

The thing about Addison is, she isn't hard to relate to. She is an amazing surgeon but is continually trying to find herself and figure out her life. Addison wants a baby, but she can't have one. She wants to find someone to be with, yet that never seems to work out for her. Her character struggles so much to be happy in her own skin, and that's something that's pretty universal.

2. Her confidence.

While Addison has had times that she doubted herself, she was always able to stand up and recognize how great she was. She never had a problem making it known that she was talented, beautiful, sexy and smart. If anyone had a problem with that, they didn't belong in her life.

3. She has so many skills.

Addison is a world-class neonatal surgeon with board certifications in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine with a specialty in genetics. Basically, she is one of the best surgeons in her field in the world.

She is crazy talented and has saved so many lives. Addison is a rock-star.

4. She brings a lot of sass.

Derek, her husband at the time, refers to Addison as "Satan." Without missing a single beat, Addison responds, her sass shining through. Addison isn't one to just stand by and take it as someone insults her. She has to use her fiery personality to fire back somehow.

5. Plus, she's the queen of being passive aggressive.

There isn't much else to say with this one besides it's very true. But hey, at least she can admit it.

6. She can be very vulnerable.

More often than not, Addison wears her heart on her sleeve. This can be both good and bad because people in her life have taken advantage of that. They've used that against her, hurting her in the process.

The willingness to reach that vulnerability in her relationships proves that she is amazingly special.

7. And she's scared of ending up alone.

Addison has been in love quite a few times in her life, but it took her a long time to find the one who she would spend the rest of her life with. There was a time where she felt so alone and isolated, mostly after her divorce with Derek.

She was actually afraid of no one noticing if she were to disappear. If that isn't heart breaking, I don't know what is. It highlights her struggles, though, and how a huge part of Addison's journey was not only finding herself but finding someone she could share her life with.

8. She knows what she wants.

It may have taken going to therapy for her to recognize this, but this development in her life really shows how far Addison grew since when she first moved to LA and didn't know what she was looking for.

9. She so badly wanted a child.

Addison's struggles to have a baby covered the majority of "Private Practice's" run, and it was heartbreaking to watch this neonatal surgeon work with babies every day but not be able to have one on her own...

That is until she was given Henry and was finally able to be the best mom in the world to the most adorable baby boy ever.

10. She's always had amazing chemistry in her relationships....

Whether you liked her with Derek...

Or Mark...

Or Alex...

Or Pete...

Or Jake, you have to admit there was always a certain chemistry and passion between her and her partners. That is the Addison Montgomery affect.

11. And great friendships.

Addison was always there to comfort her friends...

Or help them through a hard time. She valued her friendships just as much as her romantic relationships.

12. She has incredible strength.

As a woman in the medical field, Addison never let anyone stand in her way, especially not her male co-workers. Merely being a woman never stopped her from going after what she wanted. She stood tall, even when she felt like she had nothing left. Her strength helped her power through all of the hard times and heartbreaks.

13. She isn't afraid to speak her mind.

When her husband is ignoring her at every turn or someone does something stupid, Addison doesn't worry about telling them.

She speaks her mind, whatever that may entail. It's an admirable quality to be able to tell people exactly what you're thinking.

14. She is so wise.

Addison's obviously been through a lot in her life, and she channels that to give some awesome insight about life. Her years of family drama, heartbreak, success and loneliness give her a unique view on life that she often articulates into amazing advice.So, maybe we've seen the last of Dr. Addison Adrienne Forbes Montgomery-Reilly, formerly Shepherd. If so, at least we have ways to re-watch the amazing journey and growth of this oh-so special character.