14 #JustMidwestThings Just People From The Midwest Can Relate To

Ope, it's another Midwest list.

268
Kelly Toncre

The Midwest is made up of Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota. If you have lived in one of these states for a good amount of time, these things may be familiar.

1. "Ope"

Source

Ope, I bumped you. Ope, dropped my phone. Ope. Ope. Ope.

SEE ALSO: 40 Times Midwesterners Say 'Ope'

2. Goodbyes are 20 minutes long

Source

Because as you're saying goodbye, you remember 20 things you need to tell them.

3. Pop

Source

It's pop, not soda or coke. Unless you specifically want Coke.

4. Euchre

Source

You've either played it or at least heard of it and know someone who does play it.

5. Puppy chow

c1.staticflickr.com

The most delicious blend of chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and cereal.

6. Shorts weather is 50+ degrees

c1.staticflickr.com

Especially after a long winter, you're bound to want to wear shorts when that temperature hits 50.

7. You can drive in any kind of weather

Yelp

When it rains, storms, snows, sleets, hails, or is windy every day, you're pretty trained to drive in anything.

8. The right lane is for cruising. The left lane is for passing.

Don't be that person who cruises in the left lane.

9. College football

You're either a Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, or Michigan State fan when it comes to college football. Or you're well aware of the rivalries.

10. Lakes

c1.staticflickr.com

Saltwater, who? We swim in the thousands of lakes, including the Great Lakes.

11. Corn fields

Majority of the Midwest is cornfield. We watch it "get knee high by the Fourth of July" and then get turned into a corn maze by October.

12. Cedar Point

upload.wikimedia.org

Cedar Point is THE place to be in the summertime.

13. Fireflies

Those things that fly in the air and whose butts light up? Those are fireflies.

14. Flat

Majority of the Midwest is made up of flatland. And as soon as you leave the Midwest, you'll realize how flat it actually is and will comment on the hills/mountains.

From Your Site Articles