40 Times Midwesterners Say 'Ope'

It's not a term that is known to be said, not something you can find in the dictionary, but you can find yourself saying in in any of the below case, and once you realize you do it, you just can't stop:

1. When bumping into someone

"Ope, sorry."

2. When dropping something

"Ope, I should pick that up."

3. When spilling their beer

"Ope, I seem to have spilled my beer."

4. When Wisconsinites cut the cheese unevenly

"Ope, my cheese is messed up."

5. When they accidentally sit on the remote and change the channel

"Ope, did my butt just do that?"

6. When pushing a door that is a pull

"Ope, it's a pull."

7. When they accidentally get a diet coke instead of regular

"Ope, this is diet, I asked for regular."

8. When they walk outside and it's a little more chilly than they thought

"Ope, I should have worn my warmer jacket."

9. When someone else is about to talk right at the same time they are

"Ope, sorry you go."

10. When the power goes out

"Ope, now it's dark."

11. When someone cuts them off while walking

"Ope, that was rude."

12. When they're in a stall with no toilet paper

"Ope, this is awkward."

13. When the Starbucks calls your name incorrectly

"Ope, it's actually Sierra, not Sienna."

14. When someone says they don't like people who do something that you lowkey do

"Ope, I actually do that."

15. When they skip a step while going up the stairs

"Ope, skipped a step."

16. When someone calls the wrong number

"Ope, I think you have the wrong number."

17. When they feel the first rain drop

"Ope, it seems to be raining."

18. When they drink coffee right after it finishes brewing and burn their tongue

"Ope, well I just burnt my tongue."

19. When they slip a little bit on ice

"Ope, I just slipped on ice."

20. When they slide their card at the checkout before realizing there is a chip reader

"Ope, you have a chip reader."

21. When they knock to see if anyone is in the bathroom and there is

"Ope, someone's in there."

22. When they go to order food and someone else start's ordering at the same time

"Ope, go ahead."

23. When they mispronounce something and someone corrects them

"Ope, you know what I meant."

24. When they accidentally put the milk in the cubboard instead of the fridge

"Ope, milk doesn't go in here."

25. When shopping and a mom tell their daughter a shirt would look cute on her but the daughter already has the shirt

"Ope, my bad."

26. When sliding though the aisles of the movie theater and they accidently touch someone sitting down

"Ope, my bad."

27. When someone hands them their change back at the register and they drop it

"Ope, my bad I'm so clumsy."

28. When they pull the blanket over them but it bunches up and doesn't cover their feet

"Ope, I missed my toes."

29. When they walk out of the bathroom and theres toilet paper on thier foot

"Ope, how did that get there."

30. When parents are walking a movie with their kids and an inappropriate scene comes on

"Ope, I didn't know this scene was in here."

31. When their phone dies after they have been avoiding getting up to get a charger

"Ope, I should probably get a charger."

32. When they try to stop the microwave before it hits 0 but mess up and the timer goes off anyways

"Ope, I missed it by that much."

33.When they need toilet paper in the bathroom and have none around even though they knew they were running low for a while

"Ope, I should have gotten to that."

34. When a girl walks outside and her skirt or dress flys up in the wind

"Ope, there's a bit of a breeze."

35. When they put all of their groceries away when they get home but forget one item and don't notice it until later

"Ope, I forgot one."

36. When someone is holding someone elses baby and they accidently bump it's head on something and it starts crying

"Ope, I hope they don't know I did it."

37. When they go to squeeze toothpast out but there's none left

"Ope."

38. When they go to pull the tab up to open a soda and it comes off instead

"Ope, that wasn't supposed to happen."

39. When they spill chile on their packer jersey

"Ope, I got chile on my jersey."

40. When someone says something that is the elephant in the room that no one wanted to talk about but now it's awkward

"Ope," just ope.