While studying abroad this semester, I am attending an international university for my classes. And, yes, I absolutely adore my situation. My experience offers me traditional classroom schooling, mixed with the rare opportunity to be educated in an immersive and intercultural way. It's a globalist's dream: I get to go to my 9 AM and converse with my friends from China/Germany/Canada/wherever about politics. Given that context, I asked my pals, "how would you describe your country's government, using only one word?" The following opinions are their responses!
* Quickly, I would like to acknowledge the innate liberty I have in freely expressing my thoughts on the government as a right guaranteed in the handy-dandy First Amendment! Not everyone has that privilege, therefore, I redacted the names of my interviewees to protect their anonymity.
2. "I think, maybe, the government has too much control."Giphy
- from China
- from Singapore
4. "Corrupt. Failure. Either one works, unfortunately."
- from Honduras
5. "Absolutely outrageous! Like a train-wreck you cannot stop looking at."Giphy
- from England (the U.K)
- from Egypt
7. "Positive, I think? But also, old."Giphy
- from Germany
8. "Delinquent. Given the high population and lack of job opportunity, there is a lot of corruption by the government because the economy is bad."
- from Mexico
9. "Currently, misguided. Overall, optimistic."Giphy
- from the United States of America
10. "Greedy. I am concerned about the rising taxes, you know? It is always 'more, more, more'!"Giphy
- from France
12. "Very complicated."
- from Sweden