13 Ways You Didn't Know You Could Use Coconut Oil

This stuff is incredible

78
coconutoil.com

Coconut Oil is one of those natural products that seems like it's included in a remedy for just about everything. Here's a list of things you didn't know you could do with Coconut Oil (or maybe you already knew).

1. Keeping Eggs Fresh

Coats your fresh carton of eggs in Coconut Oil before putting them in your refrigerator, and their shelf life will extend for an additional one to two weeks. If you've always wanted to buy eggs in bulk but were afraid they would go bad before you used them, try this!

2. Wrinkle and Stretch Mark Reducer/Prevention

The moisturizing qualities of Coconut Oil work wonders on the skin. Rub a small amount on wherever you're concerned about and wait! It may take longer for you to see the effects of Coconut Oil, but once you do, you'll be shocked!

3. Frizz Tamer

If you struggle with dry, frizzy hair, place a dime size amount of Coconut Oil in your hands and then rub through your hair. Be careful not to use too much, because it is easy to go overboard and just make your hair greasy,

4. Natural Coffee Creamer

Coconut Oil's natural sugars provide the perfect amount of sweetness and a surprising creamy quality! If you're looking for a good dairy-free creamer, Coconut Oil might be the trick for you!

5. Shaving Cream and Lotion

Use on areas subject to in-grown hair or dryness! Leave it on or shave it off! Make sure any residual oil is absorbed in your skin or wiped off before you go out. I once forgot to wipe off what my legs hadn't absorbed and left shiny spots on the leather chairs I had been sitting in at the doctor.

6. Makeup Remover/Brush Cleanser

Coconut Oil liquefies makeup. Just apply a small amount of Coconut Oil wherever you want the makeup gone from and rub in a circular motion. The oil also disinfects!

7. Relieve Digestion Irritation (this also works on pets).

Mix a teaspoon or two in with your or your pets food, sit back, and wait for relief!

8. Unjam a Zipper

Use Coconut Oil on a jammed zipper to help it easily glide back into place. Be careful not to use too much though, or it will only make the zipper difficult to grip!

9. Dandruff Treatment and Detangler

For dandruff treatment, use a small amount of oil and rub into your scalp. Adjust amounts until your hair achieves a non-greasy but voluminous texture. To detangle hair, rub a small amount through damp hair.

10. Chapstick and Lipgloss

Use a pea size amount for chapped lips! Coconut oil can be tinted with various spices for a colored gloss.

11. Scar Treatment

Still have that scar from when you fell off the swingset in kindergarten? Start applying Coconut Oil to the scar twice a day and watch it fade.

12. Cooking *controversial*

Coconut Oil can be used as a replacement oil for cooking, baking, or frying. It can also be used as an energy or weight loss supplement; however, there are some discrepancies about how safe the consumption of Coconut Oil is. Make sure you do your research before using Coconut Oil as an alternative oil or butter substitute.

13. Dust Prevention

Kick your old furniture polish to the curb by replacing it with a little squeeze of, you guessed it, Coconut Oil.

Making the Switch:

There are hundreds of ways to use Coconut Oil! In fact, it is definitely one of the most versatile products available. To reap all of the benefits, make sure you purchase Organic, Unrefined Oil. Coconut oil can also easily be contaminated by the natural oils in your skin. So make sure you use a spoon to get it out of the jar; reaching in with your hand can easily cut down on the oil's shelf life.

But most of all, don't be afraid to get creative and come up with your own recipes and uses for Coconut Oil!