13 Undeniable Signs You're An Indigo Child

Indigo is the new different

1513
Alexander Shustov

Have you ever felt different from your classmates, your relatives, or someone from work? If so, have you ever wondered why you're different? I have wondered why I was different from everyone. I felt more than others; I dig for deeper meanings in everything and I'm an old soul. I didn't hear of the term "indigo child" until a couple of years ago. I feel related to this concept. I believe that indigo children are called indigo children because you don't meet these types of kids every day and they are different from other kids like the color Indigo being a rare color. Here are 13 Undeniable Signs You're An Indigo Child:

1. You are highly perceptive

You have a sensible insight, an ability to feel certain tensions in certain places, and feelings whether something good or bad will happen. You also experience more Deja Vu than anyone else. You also have a natural talent for understanding psychological concepts.

2. You don't understand rules without reason

You respect rules if they have a reason. You don't believe rules should exist if they involve a "because that's the rules" or "because I said so" since you see them as invalid reasons. You also view rules as obstacles.

3. You are highly intelligent, but struggled in school

Although intelligence is one of the most important things to use in school, smart kids still have their struggles. The way a typical indigo child's mind does not conform to traditional education because of the free-thinking personality she or she possesses.

4. You are passionate

You having a burning passion for certain things and you want to fulfill purposes you feel like you are meant to fill.

5. You're hypersensitive

Everything gets to you because you have a heart with emotional fragility.

6. You have a bottomless pit of feelings

Since your emotions are fragile, you feel a lot of things and can't imagine how some people are apathetic.

7. You feel like there's a purpose to everything

You feel like there's every meaning behind everything, otherwise, they wouldn't exist.

8. You have a strong appreciation for older music, movies, and books

You appreciate classic movies, books, and other forms of entertainment because you believe that people truly knew how to be in love fifty to hundreds of years ago, singers sang about more meaningful songs than the millennials, and you love the outfits people wore back then.

9. You're intuitive

You are aware of a lot of things and yourself. You have extremely vivid dreams and observant of your own surroundings.

10. You have a strong intolerance towards stupidity

You don't appreciate people who value unimportant things like money, external beauty, and reputations over education, hard work, and true character.

11. You have deep empathy towards others

You understand that there are different sides to every story. You understand that you never know what is going on in a person's head. You remind yourself that you shouldn't be hard on everyone because they might be going through rough times you don't know about. You also don't appreciate insensitivity.

12. You're a freethinker

You're a nonconformist and never think like everyone else does.

13. You're more mature than most people your age

You're more mature because of your precocious and wise nature. It allows you to understand what is happening in the real world and how to get through it.