13 Timely Thoughts Every Student Has While Running Late To Class

Pros to running late: Great cardio. That's basically it.

363
Steven Lim / YouTube

Let's face it, not all of us have quite perfected our time management skills. A lot of us are far from it. And some of us (me) seem to be lacking the skill altogether. I'm literally running late to everywhere and on everything, including this article (hence my inspiration for it).

But we all have our own different flaws, and for my fellow "late-runners," we'll get there one day, just probably not on time. If you are a college student, and you find yourself falling into this category, you have most-likely been late to a class or two, or all of them.

Depending on the class and professor the range of embarrassment can vary for when you walk into the classroom late and all eyes turn towards you as you awkwardly shimmy through the tight rows of legs and backpacks to your seat.

Like most people, we try to prevent putting ourselves through that cringe-worthy moment, but alas we continuously struggle with running late. If you've experienced this these are probably the thoughts that ran through your head:

1. "OK, I'll leave for class in 30 minutes, that will give me plenty of time!!"

Me being proud of myself for showing some responsibility.

2. *30 minutes pass* "OK just five more minutes and then I will DEFINITELY leave."

Knowing that I'm still lying to myself.

3. *10 minutes pass* "OH, SH*T, CLASS IS IN 10 MINUTES FML"

Me trying to run down my apartment stairs in a panic to leave.

4. "I can't believe I'm causing myself to be late again!"

*Pretends to be surprised by her own lack of responsibility*

5. "Why do I ALWAYS let this happen"

I swear it's like I like stressing myself out every day for no reason.

6. *Driving to campus* "If I park in 3 minutes that will give me 4.5 minutes to sprint to class and then I'll be basically on time"

7. "WOW, of course, I can't find a single parking spot when I need one the most!!"

Maybe if I showed up earlier than three minutes before class started it'd be a lot easier to find a spot.

8. "FML FML FML""

I literally say this to myself the entire time I sprint to class.

9. *Gets to the classroom door 5 minutes after class has started* "Should I just not go in and spare myself the embarrassment?"

This is usually when I contemplate whether I should walk into class late for the 50th time and risk my professor calling me out, or just go to the student union and eat.

10. "F*ck it I'm going in. Who cares if anyone judges me?"

Me faking all my confidence as I open the door.

11. "Oh, shit, why did I just make eye contact with the entire classroom"

*Immediately regrets walking in*

12. "Where TF is an open seat?!?"

13. "OK, NEXT TIME I will not be late!!"

When you promise yourself to get your sh*t together.