13 Things That Shouldn't Require An Apology

"Don't let others make you feel like you have to say sorry for the stupid stuff."

33
www.ljlv.co.uk

Have you ever felt like you should apologize for something that is totally and completely innocent? Like you don't understand why you're feeling so guilty, because you're not doing anything wrong. I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't feel that way. Don't let others make you feel like you have to say sorry for the stupid stuff. Here are some things that have bothered me in the past, and now looking back I feel absolutely ridiculous for letting it get to me.

1. Standing Up For Yourself

Boy, girl, black, white, whatever... we are all human and none of us deserve to be treated any different than the other. We all deserve respect, and if we are denied that respect, we should be able to stand up for ourselves... right? Yes times a million! Absolutely stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself doesn't always mean violence, but having the courage to face your persecutor head on. Let them know you aren't any less of a person because you're different. Don't let them judge you based on your race, gender, religion, etc.

2. Standing Up For The People You Love

This goes along with the one above. Don't let others give you crap about loving someone enough to stand up for them. It isn't embarrassing or unnecessary.

3. Crying

Coming from an emotional person, I cry...like, all the time. It doesn't take much at all for me. A sappy romance movie, a newborn baby or even a really nice text can all make me bawl like a baby. Some people are just sensitive, and it's a part of who they are. Don't make others feel ridiculous because they break down a little. Holding back is just harder for some. Just tell them it's okay, and let them get it out.

4. Dreaming Too Big

Well, first of all, the title of this one is an oxymoron. I don't believe dreams have limits, but unfortunately, some think differently. It's okay if you live life on a more realistic level, there is nothing wrong with that. It's also okay if you like to wish for more and shoot for the stars. Either way, you shouldn't feel like you have to apologize for wanting a bigger life, or for setting high goals. If people think you're being ridiculous, then so be it, but don't apologize for it.

5. Not Liking Someone

Just about all of us have had to put someone in the inevitable "friend zone" before. It isn't fun, and can hurt both people, but no one can force you to have feelings for them. Forced feelings aren't real feelings. Don't let someone make you feel bad because you aren't attracted to them. It sucks to be turned down, but it only means that there is someone better out there. Understand that you did the right thing, and one day, the other person will see it.

6. Having A Bad Day

Let me start by saying what we've all been thinking... Venting is not complaining!! There, I said it. If you come home from a rough day at work, you should never feel bad for needing to vent a little. Even if they don't listen, just let it out. Everyone needs to release some tension from the day. Just let them have a couple minutes to do so.

7. Putting Yourself First Sometimes

For heavens sake, say no and go get a pedicure! Treat yourself and don't let people put you down about it. We have to put ourselves first sometimes just so we can continue to help others. Everyone needs a little TLC, including you. Take a break, you deserve it!

8. Caring Too Much

I'm not sorry that I still text my ex best friend when I feel like something is wrong with her. I'm not sorry that I still do things for people who never return the favor. It's who I am, and if you can relate, then it's who you are. Continue to show that compassion and you will be blessed greatly, trust me. It's okay if it hurts sometimes. Life hurts. You keep on caring because it's who you are.

9. Taking Selfies

You can fill your entire photo album with selfies for all I care. If it makes you feel confident, then go for it. We've all been caught taking selfies and a majority of the time, we receive a response like, "you're so conceded" or "you take too many selfies". Don't listen to comments like that. Taking a picture of yourself because you were feeling extra pretty today does not make you vain or conceded. Confidence is attractive, so pick and filter and do your thing!

10. Having A Personality

This one may seem a little ridiculous, but it's very real. Don't apologize just because no one laughed at your funny story or understands your unique laugh. Your personality may be different from others, but that doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. Be your own goofy self, and don't feel guilty for it!

11. Asking For Prayers

I constantly see people post prayer requests on Facebook. Heck, I do it all of the time. It's really comforting for some to ask others to mention them in their prayers. You don't have to apologize for something like that. If you need that comfort, then ask for it. The worst that could happen is that they don't pray for you. You didn't do anything wrong by asking for them.

12. Sleeping In

When you work a full time job, have kids, or are just crazy busy in general, then you deserve to sleep in. It is no one else's business how long it takes your body to rest. Weekends are for relaxing and resting. Use that time to get some rest, and don't let the early birds steal all of the worms.

13. Eating The Last Popsicle

#sorrynotsorry. Someone has to take it, and if I find it, then it's mine. I will enjoy every bite and will probably want more. Go buy some more, and stop getting your panties in a wad.

We live in a world today where everyone seems to get their feelings hurt over every little thing. Don't be that person, and don't walk around looking for someone to hurt. Live your life and be who you are. If others can't see how great you are, then that's their loss!