13 Things People From New Jersey Will Understand

Everything's great in the garden state
226

Things you’ll only understand if you’re from New Jersey

1. The Diners

New Jersey is known for its legendary Diners. Pancakes at three am? What more could you want?

2. North and South Jersey are TOTALLY different.

Oh yeah, it may be hard to imagine for such a small state, but it's true. With all the sports rivalries and the pork roll versus Taylor Home thing North and South Jersey could, culturally, be two totally different states

3. The Shore

The Beach is called the “Shore” and everyone has that one shore town they frequent in the Summer.

4. The Malls

You live so close to multiple malls and it’s great- endless shopping options!

5. The lack of colleges compared to the number of students.

New Jersey is the most densely-populated state in the union, yet there are only like three colleges in-state people really go to.

6. You experience all four seasons

All with varying degrees of intensity, and sometimes Winter lasts for too long.

7. The City is either New York or Philadelphia

North Jersey- New York, South Jersey- Philadelphia. Go Philly and Go Eagles!

8. The Pizza

NJ has a myriad amount of really good pizza and pizza parlors to boot.

9. The terrible Jersey Shore stereotypes

I’m from NJ and I’ve never even been to Seaside Heights, where the show takes place.

10. Jughandle

You have to get in the far right lane to make a left turn in NJ- go figure.

11. All the celebrities from New Jersey

Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson, Anne Hathaway, and of course the Boss himself- Bruce Springsteen.

12. You don't pump your own gas.

This is an obvious one, but over time I go to a different state, I'm confused by someone getting out of the car to pump gas.

13. Knowing while NJ may get a bad rep, you’re from the best state in the union.