13 Things All College Students Are Thankful For

Before you hit the road this week, don't forget to be thankful for these 13 things.
31

As we head into Thanksgiving Break, here are some things that college students everywhere need to remember to thank before they head out.

1. Home-cooked meals.

As yummy as all of this on campus food is, nothing tastes better than a home-cooked meal. We are thankful for all things homemade, and really just anything other than the 10 restaurants we've been eating at all semester.

2. Showers without flip flops.

You've never appreciated showers more than now. Going home to where you don't have to wear shoes in the shower and can sing as long as you want has never been more exciting. Savor every shower.

3. The Spotify student discount.

You probably didn't realize how much of a difference five dollars makes until you weren't paying $9.99/month. Thank you Spotify.

4. Alarm clocks.

Don't forget to be thankful for a morning without an alarm, and thankful for the alarm that wakes you up for class. It's a love hate relationship.

5. Your parent’s Netflix account.

This subscription is almost as important as some of the textbooks they're buying us, so don't forget to say thank you every once in awhile. We know we all spend more time watching than studying, so be thankful.

6. Getting mail.

There is nothing better than that email that lets you know that a package has arrived for you. Be thankful for everything from a postcard to a giant care package.

7. Your parent’s Amazon password.

Don't hide it, you reacted just like this when you cracked the Amazon password at the beginning of the semester. Thank your parents for their account with that automated credit card, but maybe don't actually tell them that you have it.

8. Someone doing your laundry.

Be thankful that for once you don't have to drag all of your laundry to the laundry room, carry your laundry key, and remember the detergent all at the same time. Make sure to thank anyone who is eager to wash, dry, and fold your laundry.

9. FaceTime.

This year I am especially thankful for FaceTime.

10. Coffee.

College students everywhere: when you leave for Thanksgiving Break, don't forget to tell your Keurig and all of your favorite baristas just how thankful you are for them.

11. Friends with cars.

Always remember to say thank you to the friends who drive you all over.

12. Vending machines.

When it comes to late night study sessions, we're all thankful for the vending machines that feed us the healthiest snacks at all hours of the day.

13. Days off.

And, of course, the most exciting part about this week - the days off from class. Enjoy every second and just don't think about the looming end of semester finals.