13 Reasons Why You Need To Go On A Cruise This Summer

If you were looking for the ultimate summer vacay, you just found it.

86
USA Today

Summer is the season of tanned skin, cool water, and relaxation. There's no school, no deadlines, and no worries. We all know that nothing screams "summer" better than a beach vacation. You know that you began dreaming about sipping a fruity drink out of a coconut before the first night of summer even arrived! Don't worry, we all do it. If you are lusting after a tropical getaway this season, you need to go on a cruise! Cruises offer tons of excitement and an incredible opportunity to see new places practically anywhere in the world. Here are 13 reasons why cruising should be on your summer 2016 bucket-list.

1. The Food

Yes, this did need to be number one. What you have heard about food on cruises is true. There is something to eat at all hours of the day. Do you want pizza at 3:00 a.m.? That's no problem. Do you want soft-serve for breakfast? That's easy. Do you need dessert after every meal? Why, of course you do. The the best part is that it's free. You'll probably be a few (or like 10) pounds heavier when you get back home, but you still won't regret it.

2. The Shows

After dinner every night, there is a show! Dancing, singing, acting, if you can name it, a cruise has it. Whether it is a tribute band or a stand-up comedian, it's guaranteed that you'll be entertained.

3. Waterslides

No, you are not at a water park. You are still on a boat. Most cruises are decked out with water slides, surf simulators, and hot tubs galore. Taking a dip while you're in the middle of the ocean is way cool.

4. The Views

From practically any spot on the ship, you will have a gorgeous view of the vast, blue sea. Wait around for sunset to capture a shot like this. It's breathtaking, right? It never gets old.

5. The Places That You'll See

What other form of travel allows you to visit upwards of four countries in a week's time? You heard that right. Snorkel in Belize, zip-line in Honduras, chill on the beach in Cozumel, and shop 'til you drop in Grand Cayman, all in just seven days.

6. The Escape From The Real World

Although most ships offer WiFi, rates are usually outrageous. So, you're in the middle of the ocean with no phone, no emails, and no nothing. Surprisingly, it is so freeing! There is something incredibly relaxing about completely escaping the craze of everyday life. "Getaway" takes on a whole new meaning when on a cruise.

7. The Amazing Sleep

Between the slight rocking of the ship and the sound of the ocean waves gently crashing beside you, you will sleep better than you ever have. Don't be surprised if it's a little harder to get out of bed each morning. However, make sure not to sleep in too late, there are way too many things to do and see!

8. The People

Most everyone who you meet on a cruise is there for the same reason, to have the time of their life! Participate in social activities and get to know your fellow cruisers. You may just get acquainted with a new, lifelong friend. The friendships that you make on cruises are extremely unique and only enhance the vacation experience.

9. The Staff

There is no bond quite like the one that is created between a cruiser and their waiter/ess. By the end of the week, the saddest farewell will be to your wait staff! Cruise workers are extremely diverse, often originating from different places all over the world. Take some time to get to know and appreciate your waiter/ess, steward/ess, and cruise director.

10. The Copious Amounts Of "Chill" Time

Everywhere you turn on a cruise ship, there is a lounge chair and a sweet view. Yes, it is totally acceptable to spend hours just chilling. It's vacation, after all! You get bonus points if you fall asleep outside without getting sunburnt. (It happens to the best of us.)

11. The Opportunity To Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone

So many adventurous activities are available to you when going into port. Scuba diving, swimming with dolphins, horseback riding, zip-lining, and river rafting are only a few of the countless excursions that you can take when off of the ship. Take this time to step out of your comfort zone because you will look back and appreciate that you did.

12. The Non-stop Fun

At every single moment on a cruise, there is some activity going on. Whether you want to participate in trivia, shopping sprees, or a hairy chest competition on the deck, there really is something for everyone! If you don't want to take part in group activities, go mini-golfing, swimming, rock-climbing, or to the spa. Each and every day on a cruise is jam packed with exciting things to do.

13. The Truly Incredible Value

Cruises are packed with unlimited food, unlimited entertainment, and unlimited fun. When looking at the price of a cruise, realize all of the value that you receive. There really is no other vacation that gives you as much for the cost as a cruise does.

So, now it's just a matter of choosing where you want your ship to take you. Seek out a destination and go on a cruise! You are bound to make vacation memories to last a lifetime and mark 2016 as the best summer ever.