13 Reasons Why Springfield College Is The Best College

Springfield College welcome to your tape.

391
springfieldcollege.meritpages.com

Hey, it's Katie. Katie Adams. Don't put down whatever device you're reading this on. I'm about to tell you my top 13 reasons why Springfield College is the best college there is. For any of you high school seniors on the fence between here and another school hopefully this article can make that decision a little easier for you. And for anyone that is a current student or an alumni here, hopefully you'll be able to relate.

1. Sweatpants school

Comfort over style any day. Athletic attire is gladly welcomed on campus and there must be some rule it's considered trying if you wear anything other than sweats, right?

2. Small campus

Bigger isn't always better in all situations. Having a smaller campus means meeting more people and shorter walks- crucial when it's torrentially down pouring or slippery thanks to black ice.

3. Always some kind of event going on

Whether it's a sports event, late night activity, or a transport, something is always happening on campus.

4. Nicest people you'll ever meet

Students and faculty you don't even know will greet you with a smile or a greeting. Everyone holds doors on campus, return the favor for others- it's obligated.

5. Great people watching spots

Whether it's cheney, the gym, your dorm room, or the union you can people watch all over campus. Personally it's one of the biggest reasons why I'm excited for the learning commons to be finished.

6. Sports teams aren't that bad

If I do recall both men's soccer and lacrosse won NEWMAC championships this year AND men's volleyball won the NCAA D3 championship, no biggie though.

7. Dogs on campus

Although dogs cannot be kept in dorm rooms unless granted special permission, there is always a dog on campus. Dogs are welcomed on campus. Always.

8. Townhouses

Townhouses mean it's the weekend. Whether it's a party, celebration, darty, or a transport the townhouses are always having something. The weekend also means late night food at the union, stopping by after the townhouses to grub on some mozzarella sticks is always a great idea.

9. MBC

No explanation is necessary for Mary-Beth Cooper, we have the best president ever. Doesn't hurt that she has the cutest dogs ever.

10. Midnight breakfast

While finals week means the near end of the semester, midnight breakfast is what we actually look forward to. There's nothing like free breakfast, surrounded by your friends, a dj, and dancing in the middle of your dining hall at midnight.

11. Sti-Yu-ka

Something only Springfield College students would know unless you've looked it up on Urban Dictionary. A week of events, some that have been around since the school opened and still continue today, and drinking- a lot of drinking.

12. One stop

Not all heroes wear capes.

13. You'll meet some of the best friends you'll ever come to know

College is a fresh start for everyone and while it feels like you're alone in this new chapter of your life in reality you're not. Surround yourself with people who share the same interest as you, encourage you to make good, and bad, decisions, can make you laugh when you want to give up and cry, and will stay up all night because you have procrastinated on an assignment. Once you find your people everything gets easier. You have four years here so spend it with good people.