13 Reasons Why College Girl Fashion Is Superior To Normal Fashion

It's just obvious.

1013
Rachel Colburn

OK, ladies, let’s admit it. Being a second-semester high school senior is like dreadfully waiting for your three-hour lab seminar to end; it never does. After going through the stress of taking the SATs, filling out college applications, and making the overwhelming decision of which school to choose, you’ve finally decided on the school of your dreams.

Now begins the fun stage of searching endlessly through the Snapchat discover page to create the perfect dorm room, looking up tips for fall recruitment, and of course, finding your ideal college fashion inspo on Pinterest.

However, as much as you plan on putting on makeup and doing your hair for that 8 a.m. class, it just won’t happen. As much as I miss getting up an hour earlier and squeezing into tight jeans on the daily, here are 13 reasons why putting on XXL T-shirts and Nike shorts are well-worth your time.

1. Being late to class

As much as we all think we’ll wake up to one of the six alarms we set the night before, we all have our days. By wearing gym shorts, no one will know if you're tired because you just hit the gym or ran across campus to make it to class on time.

2. Being comfy all the time

Probably the biggest perk of them all. Why sit in class worrying if your bra strap can be seen when you can go to class in what you wore to bed?

3. Having rough nights

As fun as college can be, not every day is your day. Coming to class looking like a disaster is just part of the look!

4. Your time can be spent better

By your time being spent better, I mean for sleep. From experience, I can tell you every second counts when it comes to early morning lectures.

5. Getting to represent your sorority/school every day

Part of coming to college is being excited about your new friends and school. Getting to wear your school emblem or sorority letters are all part of the fun.

6. Hiding the freshman 15

Whether we like to admit or not, the freshman 15 is real. The bigger the t-shirt the better.

7. The shopping

Being an avid shopper myself, I never thought shopping for t-shirts would be so exciting. Picking out which color blue looks best with your new leggings is harder than you think.

8. Matches with everything

It’s the only time you get to break everyday fashion rules. Pink shirt and green pants together? Perfect.

9. Keeping memories

When it comes to being in Greek life, there is a shirt for every football game, formal, date party, and philanthropy event. Being able to look back at all the events reminds you of the good times you’ve had.

10. Staying cool

Being from the Midwest and moving to the South for school can be a big change when it comes to weather. Wearing your “srat” look will for sure keep you cool this fall.

SEE ALSO: The 23 Srattiest Girl Names And What They Say About Each Girl

11. Laundry day is no problem

You look like a mess most likely anyway, so no one will notice if you are wearing that “everything else is dirty outfit” everyone has.

12. No one knows if you're wearing shorts

Not that this is ever necessarily a problem, but no one can see what shorts you put on last-second running out the door for class.

13. No one judges you

Something every high school student worries about when coming to college. How can anyone judge you when they are wearing the same thing?