Anyone who has sisters knows that there is truly nothing better. Who else would you call in the middle of the night for no reason at all? I'm so grateful to have grown up with two older sisters who have been and still are incredible role models. They have shaped the person I am today in the best way possible.
1. Sisters are always on your side. When someone wrongs you, they’re the first people at your door to provide moral support or to punch someone in the face.
2. Having sisters is having a free life advice column.
3. You always have extra closets to look through when you have one of those mornings where you feel like everything you own makes you look like an old man.
4. You will have an extensive knowledge of every romantic comedy that has ever existed and will have people to watch them with on a weekly basis.
5. When you think you’re funny, but you’re really not, your sisters still laugh with you (or at you), but it’s the thought that counts.
6. Even when you’re mad at each other, you know it will never last for more than a split second. I will take this time to officially forgive my sisters for helping me write my diary, then telling our parents who my Kindergarten crush was.
7. You never have a boring moment when you’re together.
8. When you make mistakes, and you know you were wrong, they support you anyways.
9. Friends come and go in life, some leave you behind, but sisters are forever (they have no choice).
10. When Hillary Duff comes out with a new album, you have people to freak out with and look forward to the many dance parties that will inevitably occur.
11. When your sisters could drive and you couldn't, so they turned into your personal chauffeurs.
12. Who needs What Not To Wear when you can ask your sisters? You know they’ll tell you if you actually look bad in that dress, but won't let you forget that you're beautiful anyway.
13. Everything you go through, your sisters go through with you—you never have to face the world alone.
My dad once told me that your family is the greatest gift you will ever receive. He was right, because my sisters are and always will be my best friends. As sappy and cliché as it sounds, my sisters are the best gift I’ve ever gotten or could ever ask for.