13 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Slytherin

If you're the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever, like I am, you know what Hogwarts house you're in. And if you happen to be in Slytherin, you may feel like an outcast for being placed in this house.

Slytherin is notorious for being the "black sheep" of all the houses. Often people disregard Slytherins and their accomplishments because of the house's dark past. Sometimes people do not realize how well-rounded of a house Slytherin is and assume we are all just mean people. Despite having some pretty evil alumni, we are a very accomplished, successful and well-rounded house.

If you're a Slytherin and you ever doubt how amazing your house is, then this is dedicated to you.

We are as fierce as our mascot.

Our mascot is a snake. You have to admit, there aren't too many other animals as intimidating as that.

We are notoriously ambitious.

We definitely know how to dream big and shoot for the stars. Ambition is one of the key traits of being a Slytherin.

We have Draco Malfoy.

Need I say more?

We are not afraid to bend the rules.

That friend you have who will tell someone off for you so you don't have to? Yeah, they are a Slytherin. We aren't afraid to do what has to be done to get what we want.

We have the prettiest colors.

Green and silver are the colors you strut about in proudly if you're a Slytherin. Our house colors are beautiful, classic, sleek and go with just about everything.

Our Quidditch team is pretty bomb.

Not going to lie, our Quidditch team is brilliant. If it wasn't for Harry Potter and the Gryffindor team, we totally would have won the Quidditch Cup every year.

Our common room is UNDERWATER and in the dungeons.

I'm sorry did you hear me? Under freaking water. How many other houses have an aquarium outside their window? None.

We make amazing leaders.

Because we are ambitious, this means we are goal orientated, organized, and great at leading others. Voldemort may have been evil, but he knew how to delegate and lead people for sure.

We stand our ground.

Slytherins may be stubborn, but we don't get pushed around. We don't take anything from anyone.

Our alumni are pretty awesome.

Despite the fact that Slytherin produced some pretty evil and power hunger wizards, you can't deny our alumni are awesome and pretty well accomplished. Even Merlin was a Slytherin.

Slytherins understand the importance of loving yourself.

There is no one who loves themselves more than a Slytherin. While we can get pretty narcissistic or arrogant, Slytherins understand that loving yourself is important and a little confidence goes a long way.

Our Head of House is the best .

It's no surprise that Snape is one of the best characters that JK Rowling ever created, and he just happens to be the head of our house!

We are incredibly well-rounded.

With traits like intelligence, resourcefulness, loyalty, determination, cunning and ambition in our arsenal, you can't really fail.

A key thing about Slytherins is that while some people misunderstand us, we know we're the best. We are exceedingly proud to be in the house we are in. So be proud to have been sorted into the best house there is fellow snakes!