13 Reasons Why "Friends" Is The Best 90's TV Show

TV shows can't get much better than this.

306
trendsylvania.net

After 10 seasons of a whole lot of laughter and tears, "Friends" continues to be one of the best shows ever aired on television. It was nominated for 62 Emmy awards and ranked number 21 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time. The series has some of the best jokes, plot lines, romances, and friendships that television has ever seen. Here are 13 reasons why "Friends" is the best TV show.

1. It is relatable

There is at least one episode that accurately depicts your life, whether it be heartbreak, change in jobs, moving, or new relationships. I guarantee there's an episode where you think to yourself "that's definitely me!"

2. Phoebe Buffay - Smelly Cat

It remains a mystery what Smelly Cat is being fed. This song appears in many episodes of the show and it so very catchy, that you can't help but sing along when you hear it.

3. Chandler and Monica's relationship

Chandler and Monica show us that relationships take time, commitment, patience, and compromise. No matter what Chandler and Monica went through, they stayed together. You watch their relationship flourish, and wish you had the same thing in your life.

4. The theme song

You find yourself singing along to "I'll Be There for You" and know all the words. You always have the sudden urge to dance in a fountain whenever it plays during the opening credits.

5. The quotes/one liners

Not only are the jokes funny, but so are the one liners. These one liners such as "pivot," "we were on a break" and "unagi" never fail to make you cry from laughter no matter how many times you've seen the show.

6. So many cameos!

Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Susan Sarandon, Julia Roberts, and Reese Witherspoon are just a few of many actors that starred in "Friends." You don't see many TV shows with that many famous guest appearances.

7. Awkward and embarrassing parents

You thought your parents were awkward and embarrassing? Friends reassures you that your parents aren't actually that bad. Seeing Monica witness her parents having sex in the bathroom only a few inches away from her makes you realize that your mom's off key singing in public isn't awful.

8. Relationship rules

"Friends" has showed an abundance of awkward relationship situations, such as accidentally being left out of a threesome, the grey area of what it means to be on a break, and saying your ex's name during your wedding vows.

9. The friends themselves -- we all have a type

You try to decipher which "Friends" character each of your friends are in your group. You think you are a total babe so you're obviously Rachel, but you also are a neat freak, which makes you a little bit of a Monica.

10. Your friends can be extremely different than you

Who would have expected that a chef, a paleontologist, a rich girl, an accountant, a masseuse, and an actor to be lifelong friends? No one. But "Friends" made it happen and showed us that it's okay if you're friends are extremely different than you.

11. Life doesn't always go as planned, but it can still end up great

Rachel was a runaway bride. Ross's wife divorced him for her lesbian lover. Monica and Chandler got married. Rachel and Ross had a baby together. None of these things were planned, but Monica, Chandler, Ross, and Rachel all end up happy. The unknown is scary, but everything happens for a reason.

12. It's okay not to be perfect

Ross had three failed marriages, yet he still managed to end up with the love of his life. "Friends" has taught us that everything works out in the end.

13. It never gets old

There is no other show that you can watch several reruns of that make you laugh out loud or almost pee your pants at the same jokes. No matter how many times you hear the jokes, you always crack up.