13 Reasons Why Dad Is The Best

13 Reasons Why Dad Is The Best

I will always be a 'Daddy's Girl,' even when I'm 40-years-old.

103
13 Reasons Why Dad Is The Best
Hastings College

As a 20-year-old woman, I still find that my father is my ultimate hero. Also, I do fully realize that I am still a "Daddy's Girl." I will always be a Daddy's girl, even when I'm 40-years-old. Here are some of the reasons why my dad is literally the best.

1. He took me to get my first tattoo.

This was probably one of my favorite days so far. My dad has been a tattoo guy as long as I can remember, so when his oldest is finally old enough for a tattoo, you bet he's going to get another one, too.

2. He taught me how to drive.

This could be because mom just couldn't handle the stress of my crazy driving. However, as a result, I now carry on his infamous road-rage.

3. He taught me how to take care of my car.

It may not look like it on the outside (or the inside for that matter), but my oil is always changed when it needs to be, and my car is always running at it's best performance. I also know how to change my tires, among a few other things. Dad also hates dirty windshields. So when I go see him, I make sure that is at least clean.

4. Dad showed me what movies are the best.

'Blade' will always be one of my favorites because of how many times we have watched it together on a Friday night. Any movie that dad suggests, you know I will be watching it.

5. We have figured out which TV channels have the worst movies.

The SyFy channel always brings us to tears...from laughing so hard. Those low-budget films are terrible, yet we can't stop watching them together. There have been many a Saturday where we just chill out and watch SyFy movies together all day long.

6. He taught me how to respect men.

I'm sure my boyfriend can appreciate this one. Men deserve appreciation for their hard work and they love when you just spend time with them.

7. Dad showed me that food can still taste amazing even if you have no idea what you're making.

There have been a few suppers when mom hasn't been home to cook. What does dad do? Takes all the leftovers from the fridge and makes a 'casserole.' Looks absolutely disgusting. Still delicious.

8. He motivates me.

Whether it's pushing me to keep working out, or making sure I can still keep my grades up while working two jobs, he's always pushing me to do better.

9. He understands me.

When I tell him I'm stressed because of a huge week of procrastinating, he understands. He might laugh at me or roll his eyes, but he knows we are way past the lectures to try to be more on top of things. I have always been a procrastinator, I probably always will be.

10. Dad picks on me.

Even if I seem annoyed with him picking on me, I still love it (just don't tell him that).

11. Storytelling is never boring.

Whether he's telling me something he did in high school or talking about the part on his truck that currently doesn't work, he always seems to make it easy to listen to him, even if I have no idea what he's saying.

12. He will take selfies with me, even when he doesn't want to.

Yes, I force my father to take selfies with me. He may give me 'the bird' every once in awhile, but he will take them.

13. Dad has shown me what it looks like to be a loving husband to my mom.

This is especially important because I have learned what to expect from my future marriage. It's not always cute and cuddly, you have to be able to laugh with each other, and deal with fights, too.

My dad is my hero, and I am forever grateful for him. Happy Father's Day, dad.