13 Reasons I Love My Cousins

13 Reasons I Love My Cousins

Cousins share an unbreakable bond like best friends and are as close as siblings.

49
13 Reasons I Love My Cousins
DelightPhotography.com

God knew our families couldn't handle us as siblings, so he made us cousins, right? Cousins are the best thing to happen to families because they give us immediate best friends, partners in crime and adventure buddies. They always know how to make us smile, laugh until we cry and they understand us in a way that only comes from being family, having a lifetime of memories together and growing up with one another.

Here are 13 reasons cousins are absolutely the best:

1. They are always up for an adventure.

Concerts and music festivals? Water parks and roller coasters? Spontaneous ice cream runs at 2 a.m.? Last minute road trips and whimsical travels that take you guys to awesome places like Chicago? Late night movies, music and dance parties? All of these have one thing in common: cousins. Cousins can always be counted on to join in on the fun and be the ones to make crazy fun memories with.

2. They are always down to hangout and quickly pick up where we last left off.

There are no awkward silences when we hangout, even if we haven't hung out for awhile. We always immediately pick up where we last left off like time hasn't passed. When we're together we're soon laughing the time away, sharing inside jokes and reliving our past adventures while creating new ones.

3. They have taught me how to create my own fun.

Their goofy personalities and spunky craziness always make being together memorable. Each person brings something unique to the group and when everyone is together, it's constantly one big party. Cousins will teach you so much about life, living in the moment and just being yourself.

4. We have so many great memories that started from a young age.

A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. Friends come and go, but cousins are forever. We have been together since birth and therefore have made countless memories to last a lifetime. From family gatherings, to sleepovers and trips to one another's houses, to bonding over books and movies and music, we all have grown up together and been there through it all.

5. We get each other’s families like our own.

Our parents are siblings, therefore in some ways we have been raised similarly. We get each other's siblings and parents like our own and understand their personalities through and through. We understand how they relate to one another and the things that they love and can't stand about each other. We love their families as much as ours and have spent so many hours at each others houses growing up that we have made their home ours and our home theirs.

6. We share an unbreakable bond like best friends, but are as close as siblings.

We get along like the best of friends and relate to one another just like siblings. Hanging out is so chill because we're family, but it's also exciting because we don't see each other every day. It's also fun to share similar senses of humor, interests and adventure.

7. We can hangout for days and not get sick of each other.

We're always planning times to get together and when we're together we're always talking about our next adventure. We can literally hangout for days or travel together and not get sick of each other. Being together is the best and we live for the moments to create memories together.

8. They make family gatherings more enjoyable.

This reason should be number one, it's why I'm always excited about family events. It can be a family holiday, supporting one another at a theater show, sporting event or celebrating a family member's milestone. Either way, it's always more fun when the cousins are there, they keep the party alive and interesting.

9. They can relate to drama that circulates throughout the family.

When so and so are not getting along or our siblings or parents are in a bad mood, they can definitely relate and share similar thoughts on situations. They always seem to know what's going on and they keep you in on the loop as well. They totally understand all the drama that comes from having a big family and are often the ones to keep you laughing and sane through it all.

10. They have been there through everything - the ups, the downs, the milestones

Being that you spent your entire lives knowing each other, they have seen you through it all. They have seen you accomplish your biggest milestones, they have seen you come through things stronger. They have seen you at your best and they have seen you at your worst; they're your squad that will always love and support you nonetheless.

11. They’ll stand by you but aren’t afraid to tell you the truth.

They'll tell you when you ideas are absolutely crazy, but they'll also jump in on the fun. They're the ones you can go to with dilemmas knowing they'll tell you the truth and help you see through it to the other side. They'll give you a shoulder to lean on and a friend to count on. They'll support you through everything, but most importantly they'll be honest with you while pushing you to succeed in life because they want the best for you.

12. Your friends know them and are close to them.

It's great when you guys are so close and always hanging out that even your friends know them from parties, events and just being together. It's the best when your friends love them and get along with them just as much as you do. It's something you wouldn't trade it for the world.

13. You have life-long friends that will always be by your side.

Cousins make some of the greatest friends. God definitely had the best plan in mind when he placed us in the families he did so we could be related to our couins. We have grown up chasing dreams, doing some pretty crazy fun things and having an abundance of adventures together. The friendships we have built will continue to last us a lifetime and I wouldn't want to grow up taking the world by storm with anyone other than them.