An Open Letter To My Cousins

An Open Letter To My Cousins

They really do make the best of friends.

20678
An Open Letter To My Cousins
weheartit.com

Not many people can honestly say they are best friends with their cousins. The cousin-bond is a rare love that can only be explained by the cousins who share in it. Luckily, I can say that I have grown up with my best friends always by my side since day one (literally, they were at the hospital when I was born). It’s hard to imagine life without them. And although we may not see each other as often as we’d like, the love is always there. So here’s a letter to those people I’m lucky to call my best friends, my cousins.

To my cousins,

First off, I miss you. We are all living life and doing big things all over the place and can’t really see each other as much as we could when we were kids. And it sucks. But no matter how far apart we are, I know when we get together it will be as if we were never apart. That’s how it’s always been and I am so thankful for that.

I can’t begin to thank you enough for always being there for me. We grew up together and basically raised each other. We always were there for each other and were each other’s role models. My summers were never boring because you were always there to fill the time with crazy adventures. And for me, being the only child made having you in my life that much more special. You were the siblings I never had and I can’t imagine my childhood, or my life, without you in it.

When we were together, it was always the time of my life. We have so many incredible memories that I cannot begin to imagine sharing them with anyone else. We never failed to make a dull moment fun and when we were at those long family gatherings, it always helped having you guys around. Family trips were incomplete without you guys and those are times that I will forever look back on as the greatest moments of my life.

Not only are you guys always there for me… you always understand. You never judge, you never complain when I rant, and you just get it. You never fail to help me out when I needed it and I want you to know that I am always here for you. Any time. Any place. We can always rant to each other about our crazy family because no one else gets it. That’s what cousins are for anyways, right? To share in the craziness that runs through our blood.

I can’t imagine how other people live life without their cousins. How could I ever attempt life without my first friends helping me through it? How could I try to understand our family without the people who also live it firsthand? We share in the same problems, the same family, and basically, the same life. Our parents literally co-raised us and we know not to cross any parent, because the punishment will be equally shared, no matter whose kid is whose. When it comes down to it, I can’t relate to anyone as much as I relate to you, so that’s why we always need to stay so close.

So thank you for always sticking around (even though you have no choice). And no matter how far apart we are, whether it be because of college or work, know that I am always here for you… just a phone call away.

Love you,

Your favorite cousin