13 Quotations For The Month Of Rememberance

Words cannot replace those we have lost, but they can help us remember them.

134
wsllpaper

As part of the Catholic tradition, November is the month of remembrance. Throughout November, we remember and pray for those who have passed away, especially our loved ones. The month begins with All Saints Day and All Souls Day on November 1st and 2nd, respectively. I have always found quotations to be a way of encapsulating emotions and truths I know, but cannot articulate myself. As Gus says in "The Fault in Our Stars," “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” This quotation is one of my favorites because it does a perfect job expressing what cannot be expressed. In honor of the month of remembrance, here are 13 quotations that convey remembrance; they may serve as constellation builders or just simply resonate.

1. "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die." -Thomas Campbell

2. "Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality." -Emily Dickinson

3. "Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven / Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4. "Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." -Anonymous

5. "After you are gone, people may forget most of what you have said and done. But they will remember that you loved them." -Steve Goodier

6. "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure." -Anonymous

7. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Suess

8. "It is the capacity to feel consuming grief and pain and despair that also allows me to embrace love and joy and beauty with my whole heart. I must let it all in." -Anna White

9. "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." -Lord Alfred Tennyson

10. "Death— last sleep? No, it is the final awakening." -Walter Scott

11. "For death is no more than a turning over of us from time to eternity." -William Penn

12. "They say that a part of you dies when a special Loved One passes away...I disagree...I say a part of you lives with your Loved One on the other side." -Daniel Yanez

13. "In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost